Reptile Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my leopard gecko has stopped eating. she hasn't eaten for a couple of weeks now and im getting worried. she not even eating treats now. she usually takes 6 or 7 large locusts a week but not interested now. were starting to worry about her. any help and or advice welcomed please.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
come on guys. there must be someone out there who can help
P.R.E.T.T.Y P.L.E.A.S.E

·
Banned
4,175 Posts
Hi

Well, we need a little more info to be able to help

How old is she,
How long since she last feed
How much weight has she lost
Has she just move to a new viv
is she still pooing and if so, do they look normal
has her behaviour changed ata all
Could she be going into a shed
what temps do you have

Sorry to ask so many questions, but we need this info to point us in the right direction

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How old is she,
How long since she last feed
How much weight has she lost
Has she just move to a new viv
is she still pooing and if so, do they look normal
has her behaviour changed ata all
Could she be going into a shed
what temps do you have

no problem will tell as much as i know.
were not sure of age but think somewhere about 4 to 6 yrs old. we think 3 to 4 weeks since she's eaten. doesn't appear to have lost any wieght. been in her viv for six months now. only done one poo in past couple of weeks but looked normal ish. no temerament and behaviour still perfect. not shedding hasn't shed for about four months now. temp is about 32 celc.
hope this helps just getting worried now. thanx in advance

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry meant poo'ed once in couple days not weeks.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
is she on calci sand should be the first point?

sounds like alot of food have you tried any thing else like crix or a wax worm. if shes still fat i wouldnt worry to much.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
she not on calci sand. previous owner kept her on small bark chips so we thought best to do the same for her. get sinking feeling that might have been bad move though :oops:

·
Banned
4,175 Posts
hi

Some people hate chips, but personally, for that age leo, its not really a problem, esp as she is used to them.

In the absence of any other issues, all i can think of right now, is the shorter days are convincing her its winter time, so she slows down eating , or that she is feed up with the same foods.

As above, worth trying some alternatives. do u remove the locusts she dont eat? how do you know is is not eating them, sorry if that sounds a silly question.

what size are they, maybe too big or small . may be worth snipping the back legs off in casr they are just to fast for her.

tony

1 - 8 of 8 Posts