Reptile Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to be converting my shed soon & will be making a rack to hold my adult Royals. The rack will probably be 3 RUBs wide x 5 high. Now the 3 RUBs wide will mean i will need a heat strip that is about 54" wide x 11" deep. Does anyone know of any that is this big? The biggest i have found doing a quick search is 47" x 11" (Habistat, which is the make i prefer). I think a 47" one will work, just means there may be a small gap at the very edge of the 2 outside RUBs. If anyone knows of anywhere that sells bigger heat strips can they let me know please?

·
Premium Member
5,743 Posts
it may be easier if you have two 27 inch mats,

as long as you check the wattage isnt too high you can run a few mats off one stat, just have to play around with the sensor so you get it in the right place so all mats are at same temp4

·
Registered
11,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it may be easier if you have two 27 inch mats,

as long as you check the wattage isnt too high you can run a few mats off one stat, just have to play around with the sensor so you get it in the right place so all mats are at same temp4

Thanks but i'd rather not run too many mats off one stat, so will probably go with the 47"-48" strips as it will just mean they are about 3" short on each end RUB (which isn't that much really as they'll have the depth so will get plenty of heat).

·
Registered
11,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does anybody know of any large heat strips?

·
Registered
7,644 Posts
Does anybody know of any large heat strips?
they do the soil cables from garden centres for greenhouses or ebay that you can get to most sizes i think alot of people use them then theres only need for one stat as its all one heat sourse just got to get all of them on the same amout of cable so there all the right temp

·
Registered
11,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
they do the soil cables from garden centres for greenhouses or ebay that you can get to most sizes i think alot of people use them then theres only need for one stat as its all one heat sourse just got to get all of them on the same amout of cable so there all the right temp

Would rather use mats as i've heard there are too many hot spots with a cable :whistling2:.

·
Registered
7,644 Posts
Would rather use mats as i've heard there are too many hot spots with a cable :whistling2:.
I was thinking of trying it got a unit that i was going to turn into a rack but have decided its easyer and nicer turning it into a viv stack instead i think it might work better if it was used as a cable for each level but would need a good bit of testing to get all the temps right i seen a few of what people make in another section on here but cant remember which one

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
:notworthy:portons near salisbury got bigger than 47 11ssaw them when got my mats they huge bou 1ft longer,they on top of the spiders cabinet £30ish she said. biggest mats ive seen,anywhere,hope this helps,,:notworthy:

·
Registered
11,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:notworthy:portons near salisbury got bigger than 47 11ssaw them when got my mats they huge bou 1ft longer,they on top of the spiders cabinet £30ish she said. biggest mats ive seen,anywhere,hope this helps,,:notworthy:
Thanks mate :2thumb:, do you know the make of them? Will have to look into that.

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
:2thumb:lucky reptiles ive no problems always get my mats from there bet you buy more things when you there its good lots of stuff:lol2:
Thanks mate :2thumb:, do you know the make of them? Will have to look into that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts