Reptile Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi does anyone know how big a blue tailed monitor grows and would a 6x4x4 viv be big enough thanx

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
they usually grow around 4-5ft. its not a bad size especially if you let him out often. he should be fine :D

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
arent they quite rare? if i remember rightly they are a climbing species so the bigger height u can get the better.

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
I'd say that size viv would be big enough (just had a quick look at some caresheets :wink: )... try to use the height in there as well, 4 ft is quite tall 8)

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
they have them for sale in a pet shop over in nottingham.

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
i wouldnt mind a white throated monitor but im going to stick to boscs rather than try out different species.

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
my one was a rescue and he was kept with a white throat, luckily didn't injure each other tho.

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
thats interesting, i suppose with the blue tail being more of a climber than the white throat they had their own dominated areas in their viv to get away from eachother when one was in a bad mood :p

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
cheers for tha heds up :eek:

·
Registered
457 Posts
white throats and boscs are closely related and found together in wild, not literally together.lol

but it proved much confusion in early days in differing the species, were at one point named the same species

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
they both are still referred to as a whole as savannah monitors too so be careful u ask questions when buying if thats what the lizard is labelled as :p white throats can grow relatively bigger than the bosc.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts