Reptile Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bought an viv with leopard geckos the bulb noticed tonight the bulb had gone and noticed no bulbs are working in the light socket fitting so i need an new light socket put in but dont know how to do this

was wondering if anyone could come over and do this for me sometime 2morrow 14th feb im based orpington kent

will be willing to pay someone to fit this for me dont have much to offer but can work something out ?

·
Banned
61,457 Posts
it's probably a blown fuse in the plug; but if you need to change the bulb holder it's just simply a case of unscrewing the two wires that are screwed into the one in the viv and then screwing them into the new on.

·
Banned
61,457 Posts
Leo's need belly heat, whether it's done with a heat mat, over head bulb, heat cable etc. . Heat mats are the most common choice but it doesn't have to be provided via a mat.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Leo's need belly heat, whether it's done with a heat mat, over head bulb, heat cable etc. . Heat mats are the most common choice but it doesn't have to be provided via a mat.
Oh OK so as long as the substrate is heated then it's OK?

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Oh OK so as long as the substrate is heated then it's OK?
in my leo enclosure i use a heatmat,thomomiter and thermostat for heating thats it.

the mat goes under a sheet of thin lynolium, the secors to the thermomiter and thermostat are on top of the lynolium surface
unless the room the vivs in is like the artic then normal room temp for ambient is fine

1 - 6 of 6 Posts