Reptile Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:blush:well after much thought i got a new beardie, he,s 8 months old, and since i brought him home he,s not eating much if anything at all, i,ve had him a week today, he doesn,t seem to like to be handled either, he keeps running away from me, but i noticed today he,s shedding on his legs, is this behaviour normal.

·
Registered
8,227 Posts
Seems quite normal yes. You have to remember his whole life has changed so he isnt going to be up for handling and will be off food.

It can take up to 2 weeks before they start eating.

Do you know what he was eating before hand?
Also I would stop trying to handle him, just feed and water him. Trying to handle is only going to make him more stressed.

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
:blush:well after much thought i got a new beardie, he,s 8 months old, and since i brought him home he,s not eating much if anything at all, i,ve had him a week today, he doesn,t seem to like to be handled either, he keeps running away from me, but i noticed today he,s shedding on his legs, is this behaviour normal.
he will be settling in it can take upto 2 weeks for them to be comfy with being handled so i would try not to handle for a while....as for the eating its part of the settling in process. but if you really worried about the eating take him to the vet. is he loosing weight???

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
He just needs sometime to settle in, try putting your hand in for a few minutes a day for him to get used to you and he should be fine.

He should also start eating when he is settled, or try feeding him different things such as locust and crickets and different veg and fruit maybe?

I have heard when shedding they can go off their food and act differently.

Good luck with him : victory:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i,ve been so worried, as i had to have my last bd put to sleep after only having him 8 weeks, thanks to stupid pet shops, so i,m really panicky now

1 - 7 of 7 Posts