Reptile Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Got one of my first boas at donny on Sunday - all ok apart from one which I got from a guy in the middle of the dome. all others are rfuk members whom I spoke to pre and after the show and who have been great re husbandry and the individual snakes I brought from them.

I got this little one as she looks lovely - the bloke said she was young but the form on top of her said she was around the same age as the others I had brought and was feeding etc. ( as the records showed ) and I have no contat info for this person to ask the question.

After getting home and giving all a few days to settle I noticed the form had two sides showin two diff snake records - one of which was born on the 2/6 and had not eaten. Now I am worried this little one was not feedin and was mis sold to me.

I need help in assisting her to take her first feed - I thought it best ask the question before showing her food etc.. All the others have fed and are doing great.

I have had no dealings with Hatchling boas before and gather there may be different ways than with corns etc. Don't want to impact any poss problems

Any help much appreciated  sorry for the long thread :)

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
Hello

For a start there is no need to panic. Secondly dont even think about assist feeding yet .. put it out of your head.

You have only just got them so let them settle in more, give it a week and then try offering a food item about the same size as her head. You have a good few weeks of trying before you need to start worrying ok .. no worrying :smile:

Ensure your set up correct, she has plenty of hides and feels secure. Offer her a prey item warmed up in the evening, nice and quietly. Leave in over night if she doesnt strike. What you DON'T want to do is trust a dead animal in her face and put her off. Im sure she will be pounding down food in no time : victory:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

Thanks will try and leave worrying for a bit.
Yes all temps etc and lots of hides etc for her. I wasn't talking about assist feeding tho - I wouldn't put any snake through that unless 100% sure no other option and lots of chances given.
Hence the reason I am asking for advise on how to go about it. 

Thanx: victory:

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
No worries, just treat her like the others and im sure you will be fine .... Oh and pics please :2thumb:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts