Reptile Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have 2 beardies, i have literally had them 5 days. they have both had a quick check up by reptile shop and been told they are really underweight. One of them will not eat much at all. He leaves all his veg and only eats the first hopper/cricket that hes given... He seems really slow and sluggish compared to the other one. It takes him loads of attempts to catch his food then he seems to give up...

any help will be much appreciated :)

·
Registered
9,460 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum. First things first I would give both little ones a bath in luke warm water if they are dehydrated it will help them. The one that tries to go for food but misses try hand feeding or put them in a food bag tie the top and put them in the fridge for about 5-10 mins before you feed this will slow them down a bit.

Next stop would be a vet to check them over and do poo samples to make sure they don't have worms or parasites.

Liz

Ps just read it through lol don't put the beardie in a food bag in the fridge ... I meant the live food.. pain meds I should really read what I am typing

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers for getting back to me. Both were bathed last night. Will try hand feeding first i think! :)

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
they are still suffering from relocation stress, this can last for weeks. they may not eat because of this.
of course it could be husbandry thats the problem.
what is ur setup like?
uvb- %? brand? length? coil or tube? how old is it?
temps- basking? cool? how are you measuring these? (dial or digi?)
viv size?
substrate?
are they housed together?
try different foods- mealies, locust, dubia roaches, crix, some waxies and silk worms :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.