Reptile Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI....Im kind of new to all of this and its a whole suprise for mums birthday...she had a herman tort as a little girl and always talks about him and how shed love another...he was passed down 3 family members but went missing when my mum was younger. so a suprise for her birthday im getting her a tort....iv bought a table as following advice from many people on here....im a little confused on substrates.....i would like to no a few so the tort can have a few areas to make it differnt for him/her and what is best..???i no i can mic loam compost and playsand as seen on tortoise trust? anything else for variety? thanks

·
Registered
9,175 Posts
top soil/play sand is great.though can be very heavy.so i tend to just put a tray or two in.

Hemp < is perfect. Also known as (aubiose,hemcore) U can get a big bale for £8.50 < it'll last ages also. It's safe if it's ingested so no chance of impaction.

I have a pebble area in mine n used to have one in the garden. Make sure they're bigger than the torts head.i've got a little bugger who will try to eat anything.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks....yeah iv seen a few people with like a pebble type area...i bought some cat litter size trays to put few diff things in....iv been looking into this for months on end....things i still finding out are crazy...by time i get it her il want him/her myself x

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts