Reptile Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so glad i found this site,have a few questions.
my bd ozzie is 8 months old hes not eating alot but sleeps alot hes not been to the toilet i have been given him a bath every day for 2 days and giving his belly a rub, i was on a different forum and they told me to give him a few drops of vetable oil to see if he goes to the toilet, i give him a bath put him on his basking log he stays there for about 45 mins and he goes back into his hide and sleeps,is he to young to brumate, he went to the vets when we got him but didnt have a fecal check done on him does anyone know how much this would cost,..any advise would be great
thank you
sara :)

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
I got a beardie the other day & was a bit worried cause he didn't do much, i checked his temps & increased them & now hes running around like a nutter & eating everything in sight i know it sounds silly but check hes warm enough, hope hes ok soon

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
what temps have u got him on??? how many hrs of light does he get??? what are u feeding him?? if he hasnt eaten alot he probably will not poo.fecal checks are not expensive just go get one done to be on the safe side.if u do not want him to brumate put his heat up a wee bit.and make sure hes gettin 12 hours of light n heat and 12 hrs of dark and max of around 72deg of heat at night time.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
his temps are 105 hot side cool side 80 his lights go on about 7am and go off at around 9ish, he is still lay under his log if i left him there he would stay there all day and night and not come out on his own... :)
sara

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
his temps are 105 hot side cool side 80 his lights go on about 7am and go off at around 9ish, he is still lay under his log if i left him there he would stay there all day and night and not come out on his own... :)
i also need to make him go to the toilet so i can take that with me to be checked any ideas to make him go?shall i try the vegatable oil see if that helps
thanks all
sara

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
im not sure about the veg oil i have no experience of this. :? my beardy sometimes lays under his log too and wont come out for ages all i do if i think hes been under there too long is take his log out :p i would suggest waiting for his poo naturally or give him a bath beadrys love to poo in water :D u could try feeding him a few wax worms maybe after a day or so he will go himself without the aid of any kind of oil :?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
could it be hes going/gone into brumanation hes 8 months old he hasnt lost any weight atall and hes not eating apart from a wax worms every now and then he love wax worms aswell thank you
sara :)

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
im sure he couldnt be in brumation as u have said that hes gettin over twelve hrs of light/heat.have u offered anything else apart from wax worms??? hes not going to poo if hes not eaten even if u do use vegtable oil.i would take him back to the vet maybe she/he could help u out a bit more. :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
locust and a couple of meal worms.
good news i gave him a bath and hes was on his baking log for about an hr hes eaten to locust and a couple of wax worms, he started going scatty around the tank i dont think anything is seriously wrong just a wooried mummy,hope he goes to toilet now
thanks for all the replies
sara :D

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
hes just being a typical beardy and i totally understand about the worried mummy thing..i still have days when i worry about mine :) beardys like to keep us on our toes lol :lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts