Reptile Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just got a couple more Pygmy chams (brevs) and 1 seems to be having trouble with its eyes a coule time i have noticed that is swollen or puffed out, but looks like she is controing it ie puffing her eye out to about twice the size. and using her leg to rub it

is this something babies /young ones do (only had adults befor)

really worried any ideas

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have seen my adult kenyan pygmies pushing an eye out on the odd occasion, and have read they do this sometimes to help clean their eyes out.

·
Registered
9,219 Posts
its completely normal, they do this to clean the eye. it could be there something is irritating her in the vivarium, or she has scratched it. Either way if she cant sort it out herself it may be worth doing some investigating into what could be irrating it.

jay

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its completely normal, they do this to clean the eye. it could be there something is irritating her in the vivarium, or she has scratched it. Either way if she cant sort it out herself it may be worth doing some investigating into what could be irrating it.

jay
Thanks for the info it as put my mind at rest

I'll look into is it something in the viv but she is an addition to an existing setup

1 - 4 of 4 Posts