Reptile Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help sexing a Bosc monitor needed
I believe it to be female but i would like to no for sure
Is there anybody out there with experienced with these Lizards ????

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
i am not experience in monitor but id prob say female tbh . i dont see any bulges

x

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
PM'ed

have you got any head shots and a full body shot?

would make it a more accurate opinion.

the hands in the pic look like an adults hands so in size relation there would definitely be more of a 'hemipenal bulges' (unless your a giant lol) but the other pics would help

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
boscs dont develop bulges untill theyre sub adult to adult by the size of yours she still looks young after she goes to the toilet do you ever see her evert if so and it looks long with a flowery bit on the end you have a male,females can evert but its quite rare if one does though it will be alot smaller ,smoother and tube looking

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
boscs dont develop bulges untill theyre sub adult to adult by the size of yours she still looks young after she goes to the toilet do you ever see her evert if so and it looks long with a flowery bit on the end you have a male,females can evert but its quite rare if one does though it will be alot smaller ,smoother and tube looking
Hi there Martin

judging by the size of this sav i would class it as sub-adult..............

i do agree with your statement, but as with all species maturity isnt an exact science

my male of similar size has pronounced bulges, captivity plays havoc with the rulebook also

Martin check out http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/lizard-pictures/136638-bosc-pics-short-video.html

pics of supposed female added here

my opinion is now MALE

Cheers

Zuko

·
Registered
369 Posts
its kinda grose but i find mine goes to the loo like clockwork if you take her outside you could try to watch if it works

1 - 9 of 9 Posts