Reptile Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I managed to smash one of the doors on my exo terra 60 x 90 x 45 (W X H X D). I've already contacted Hagen but in all honesty they were very unhelpful, stating that they couldn't send a replacement due to health and safety and then when pushed further that they have no replacement parts as they're made in the far east.

This is despite it being apparent from other posts online that doors are routinely replaced in the U.S. :devil:

Unfortunately this isn't just a case of getting a glazier to replace the glass as the plastic part on the door trim that creates a hinge with the frame also broke. Hagen also said they couldn't send me a replacement door trim.

Can anyone offer any advice or help on how to fix this?

·
Registered
11,680 Posts
Whilst not ideal and you'd have to find your pet/s a new home for 24 hours but you could get a glazier to cut you a piece of glass to size and silicone it place replacing the whole door including the plastic parts. You'll just have 1 opening door instead of 2.

I'm sure you could fathom a lock out.

Reactions: Takydromus

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Whilst not ideal and you'd have to find your pet/s a new home for 24 hours but you could get a glazier to cut you a piece of glass to size and silicone it place replacing the whole door including the plastic parts. You'll just have 1 opening door instead of 2.

I'm sure you could fathom a lock out.
You're right this might be the only option :sad:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.