Reptile Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so one of my tomato frogs has this huge white patch on her head. it’s been there for a couple months and it doesn’t seem to be causing her trouble? as she’s still eating and it hasn’t spread to her tankmate either. i will sometimes see her dunking her head under the water and rub at the spot but that’s all. it definitely looks painful to me tho. it seems like it’s starting to spread down the rest of her body too? i just have no idea what it could be and i’ve been looking all over the internet for something similar and i can’t find anything. i would love to hear any ideas because i am just stumped. i don’t want to have to take her to an exotic vet especially if they tell me there’s nothing they can do. she’s currently in a quarantine tank so i can keep an eye on her and see if it gets any worse.
Food Tableware Ingredient Recipe Steak
Food Ingredient Cuisine Dish Fish

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
As above.

I have seen similar before in amphibians and it's often scar tissue from rubbing their heads on stuff in the enclosure, or on the glass. It could also be some form of bacterial infection. A vet is probably best.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As above.

I have seen similar before in amphibians and it's often scar tissue from rubbing their heads on stuff in the enclosure, or on the glass. It could also be some form of bacterial infection. A vet is probably best.
all of the exotic vets near me either don’t take frogs or are booked out a month. she’s scheduled for an appointment in june but is there anything i can do myself? i feel like waiting a month wouldn’t be good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts