Reptile Forums banner

Help turtles need homes

853 views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  Reptilerescueden 
#1 ·
homes sorted

#3 ·
might have somewhere sorted for most of them but if anyone can help it would still be handy

#6 ·
I think if there was one species that got hit the worst by the 'fad' of a new pet then it is the turtle

Especially a while back when the 'teenage mutant nija turtles' was a bit hit on tele.

All the kids then saw some cute little turtles the size of a 50 pence, and silly mum and dad brought them. shops cleaned up... and the rescure centres had to prepare themselves...and they are still coming in !

Every year we are called to a large pond in eastbourne to 'rehome' turtles that attack the ducks. the turtles, well they are there cos they grew up, the kids grew up and the two parted buy dumping them in the pond.

Since then, the turtles have created a sustainable population.

#7 ·
im gutted that i can no longer take them in i have really enjoyed doing the work i have done with them over the last couple of years.
As its been said above so many come from rivers and lakes, i even had one of my fishing buddies at work turn up with one at work that took his bait.

#12 ·
Reptilerescueden said:
Lloyd I know exactly what you mean mate. Ive pisted on a few forums for ppl with ponds who maybe able to help but it all takes take. Even posted a topic on my own forum about the problem too.
Cheers Den its much appreciated especially when i havent even been using this forum all that long :) .
Im finding it quite hard at the moment having to come to terms with pulling the plug on all the hard work ive put in over the last couple of years

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.