Reptile Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the smallest gap a baby corn snake can get through!! would it be the same width as the head?! i ahve bought my viv and set it up, i got a thermostat but the end thermometer has to be inside the tank, i dont want to drill a hole through the glass lol, so i put it through the lid, but there like a 3mm gap!! :rotfl:

·
Registered
10,069 Posts
snake's head can be flat very. 3mm could be through by baby corn. maybe's maybe. so still missing the little prisoner?

·
Registered
39,214 Posts
They can get through suprisingly small gaps. Dont forget, the bones in their head are movable.

My corn escaped through a holedrilled for a thermometer probe!

Have a look at this:

Thats him trying (but luckily not succeeding) in escaping through the gap between the glass doors!

·
Registered
10,069 Posts

:lol2: my snakes also try to do that! and no one went through. They usually been stuck between them.

But watching this scene is not funny..
It is very risky to be escaped...
Now I put some plastic thing between the doors.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wow!!

wow!!! ok thanks, il try the change the hole thing.
atm hes in the feeding box!!

·
Registered
10,069 Posts
If their nose could went through the gap, they will try to escape.
I sometimes think they are like mollusk..like octopass.

·
Registered
7,244 Posts
just plug the gap with blue tac
The gaps at the back of my old wooden vivs were massive when you think about what could get through them.
I used to plug them up with sponge (Car sponge bought at the corner shop. 4 for 99p). My kings never even noticed.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Wow! that corn in the viv glass beggars belief, they're amazing, aren't they? My baby Ij made me scratch my head the other day, popped him in his feeding tub with his mouse, went to let him out a few hours later after he'd eaten (he's a shy feeder!) and he had eaten, but was outside the box, which was still had its lid on.....?? little monkey! Think he forced a weak corner up and squashed himself through. Naughty! :naughty:

·
Registered
39,214 Posts
Wow! that corn in the viv glass beggars belief, they're amazing, aren't they? My baby Ij made me scratch my head the other day, popped him in his feeding tub with his mouse, went to let him out a few hours later after he'd eaten (he's a shy feeder!) and he had eaten, but was outside the box, which was still had its lid on.....?? little monkey! Think he forced a weak corner up and squashed himself through. Naughty! :naughty:
Haha. That corn is my snake, Bob, a few months ago. He had done that a few times, and that time I managed to get a few snaps of him doing it. His head was REALLY squashed. After a few mins like that, his body started to relax... I got worried, thought he might be suffocating or something, but couldn't widen the gap! I just put my hand there, and tried to widen it, and he did come out, non worse for wear!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts