Reptile Forums banner

Help: what does this behaviour mean?

Tags
beardie
278 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Debbie1962 
#1 ·
I got my first bearded dragon yesterday, Calloway, and so far have been getting along all right. I took him out of the enclosure today for 5-10 minutes for handling, keeping an eye on his reactions in case he didn't like it but he seemed quite happy to just sit in my hand for a few minutes.

This evening, he started standing up in the corner of his enclosure. I googled it, and saw a lot of beardies go to sleep like this. Calloway isn't asleep though, so i thought maybe it's glass surfing, and offered him a cricket in case he was hungry/wanted to hunt. He hasn't eaten the cricket yet (I will remove it from the enclosure if he doesn't eat it soon, in case it starts stressing him out), and he's still standing in the corner.

Is this just new-environment nerves, or is he stressed or upset? Obviously it's early days for both of us, so I'm a bit nervous that I'm doing everything right for him, and I'm wondering if he's just feeling unsure because he hasn't been with me long. Also curious to see if any other beardies does this??

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.