Reptile Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need to know how many crickets aday and when, temp day and night and if ok to spray it. can give fruit how much and when

·
Registered
9,608 Posts
Why didn't you find all of this out before you got it?

Have a read of this http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/lizard-care/92926-bearded-dragons.html - hopefully it explains most things.

Temps:

Daytime -

Basking Spot: 110-120f
Cool End: BELOW 88f (around 85f is ideal). During the summer you will almost certainly need a thermostat.

Night -

Can drop down to 65f. All lights must be turned off.

They need UV lighting during the day.

As it's still growing, feed it as many crickets as it wants to eat, twice each day. It needs a variety of fresh veg each day. Fruit isn't particularly good for them, as it's too high in sugars and various other things.

I don't recommend spraying them in the vivarium unless the vivarium is open-topped, otherwise humidity can get too high. As long as they have fresh vegetables in there (read the thread at the top of the lizards section) they will get moisture from that. I also give baths every couple of weeks to let them have a drink if they feel the need to.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Hmm i must say it was irresponsible to get a beardie without know how to look after it before hand :/

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the advise and it is greatly apreciated. im new but myson as got one and i needed a second opion you said feed it twice a day as many criks but mine had 6 and wanted more i did not give more over than that ive followed your instructions

·
Registered
7,908 Posts
if it wants more why not give it them? it will make it grow quicker and keep him happy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts