Reptile Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 baby horsefield tortoises which are about 5 months old.
As can be seen on the photo the tortoise on the left has his eyes fully open, but the one on the right only has a tiny bit of an eye visable.
The tortoise on the right doesn't seem to see very well which causes him a problem finding food.
Can anyone tell me what the problem might be please?

Thank you

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I don't seem to be able to put the photo on. SO if anyone can tell me how to do that as well I can put it on.

Thank you

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
Hi.

To upload photos you will need a photobucket (or similar account) or you can use the album section of your profile to do it.
How are you keeping them if you could provide details it may help, but it does sound like they need a visit to a qualified vet to be honest.

·
Registered
8,118 Posts
I have 2 baby horsefield tortoises which are about 5 months old.
As can be seen on the photo the tortoise on the left has his eyes fully open, but the one on the right only has a tiny bit of an eye visable.
The tortoise on the right doesn't seem to see very well which causes him a problem finding food.
Can anyone tell me what the problem might be please?

Thank you
Make sure you bathe the tortoises for at least 20mins each day.
They must have a certain amount of humidity at night.
Where did you buy the tortoises from?
It could be a husbandry problem hence the above.
It also could be a medical thing, such as RNS.
How long have you had the tortoises?
What sort of temps are you using?
What substrate?
A little more info will help us to help you:0)

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I don't seem to be able to put the photo on. SO if anyone can tell me how to do that as well I can put it on.

Thank you
This forum engine allows pictures to be uploaded.

Click on your profile.
Select the user CP tab
Select pictures and albums from the left hand list.
Create an album
go into the album and upload pictures.
Click on the picture you have uploaded. Its URL and BB code is displayed. Copy its BB code.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts

If you start by telling us how you keep this little tortoise - Housing, diet.. etc. we might be able to help figure out what's going on.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts

Thank you
Click on your profile.
Select the user CP tab
Select pictures and albums from the left hand list.
Create an album
go into the album (click on it) and upload pictures.
Click on the picture you have uploaded. Its URL and BB code is displayed. Copy its BB code.
Paste the BB code into your post. Voila! (p.s. it helps to have two copies of rfuk open, one to access the pictures, the other with your post open and ready to accept the picture.)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts