Reptile Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i have got 2 new boas a hog island boa 1 year old and pastel common boa 2 years old (male and female) i was wondering if you could breed them and if so what could you get as in breeds, and what age can you start to breed them as i am new to boas Thanks Ryan :2thumb:

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Hi i have got 2 new boas a hog island boa 1 year old and pastel common boa 2 years old (male and female) i was wondering if you could breed them and if so what could you get as in breeds, and what age can you start to breed them as i am new to boas Thanks Ryan :2thumb:
Sorry but it but sounds to me like you need to do a lot or research in to breeding if that is your intention. Its not just a case of putting a pair of snakes together. You will have several babies to house and feed until you find new homes for them. What will you do if you can't sell them? There really is so much to consider before deciding whether to breed.

Reactions: Exzhal

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
With a slow steady feeding regime your Boas should be ready to breed in 2014 2015 season. I suggest you take this time to research Boa constricor as a specie. I suggest Vin Russo The Complete Boa Constricor as a starting point.

Regards Matt

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
but you'd be selling hog island crosses
if someone wants a hog island maybe they'd prefer to buy a pure one

Reactions: Redtail Boas

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Hog island crosses with pastel influence. You'd get common boa money but the joys of breeding are that great you won't be interested.

Females go 3years and males 12-18 month but these are minimum ages. You want the pastel (if this is the female?) to be 6 ft ideally but the male could go at 3-4ft.

You've got quite a wait but it is well worth it! Use this time to get your head around breeding boas and genetics etc. good luck!!

·
Registered
433 Posts
you should never rush breeding youll have to know what you're doing, when to pair and seperate them, temps, humidity levels, gestation periods and not to mention all of the work involved in seperating the young from an aggressive adult female and then housing, feeding and caring for a large group of young snakes. do your research first

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi I'm not rushing in to it I just because I'm new to boas I have breed king,corn,bull snake and other reptile like bearded dragons water dragons iguanas bod monitors I got all of there's and have breed them but I do like boas as was just wondering if you could breed them and what could you get

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.