Reptile Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys I purchased the ENT Pro T5 24wat light bar from dartfrog plugged it all in and nothings happening :( iv no experience with the produce iv searched it all over for a switch and cant find one... iv tried several different plug adaptors cant think what else it could be

any ideas?

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
hey guys I purchased the ENT Pro T5 24wat light bar from dartfrog plugged it all in and nothings happening :( iv no experience with the produce iv searched it all over for a switch and cant find one... iv tried several different plug adaptors cant think what else it could be

any ideas?
Few silly suggestions mate you never know,one might just get ya there,plug wired correctly and fuse good? there is no switch by the way, Sam twist the bulb make sure it is located properly,some of ours are right picky about this,after this i guess either duff bulb do you have a spare and finally duff unit,sorry if some of this seems obvious mate...all i got
Stu

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not got a spare bulb/unit to test if its either of those...any way to check a bulb without plugging it in?

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
not got a spare bulb/unit to test if its either of those...any way to check a bulb without plugging it in?
now ya got me,with incandesant i erm think!! ohm meter for resistance but tubes i don't think this will work ya tried twisting it mate? another silly thing although again maybe not applicable is bulb free of dust ,i have had domestic tubes work after cleaning
cause i have mutiples of these units i always have spare bulbs,looks like your only left with contacting Marc,mate what size fuse?
Stu

·
Registered
4,642 Posts
Return it bud. I had one did the same on me. Apart from the tube and fuse there are no replaceable parts in these as they have an electronic ballast.

Ade

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
am sure duf but check with Marc fuse too big,i think 5 amp,can't check at presant though
Stu

·
Registered
4,642 Posts
A 13 amp fuse instead of a 5amp wont stop something from working, it just wouldn't blow in time to prevent damage to the unit, the lower the ampage the faster they blow. It's always best to use the lowest amp fuse you can for this reason.

Ade

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
A 13 amp fuse instead of a 5amp wont stop something from working, it just wouldn't blow in time to prevent damage to the unit, the lower the ampage the faster they blow. It's always best to use the lowest amp fuse you can for this reason.

Ade
:2thumb:
Stu

1 - 11 of 11 Posts