Reptile Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i went to feed my chameleon a wax worm and he couldnt shoot out his tongue. he opened his mouth and it came out a tiny bit like when there aiming it up it then looked like he went to fire it and then went back in his mouth. he then moved closer to my hand and tried several times moving closer each time and his tongue still not moving. he was then at my hand and just managed to lick it off my hand and chewed it as usual. i gave him some locust which he loves and doesnt wait around for and he did the exact same thing. he is about 5 months old and hes still moving around fine and wanting to come out for a run as usual he was fine yesturday and never before has he had any problems eating. i thought he might be thirsty so i sprayed him and he just licked his lips didnt go drinking of the plants so he obviously wasn't. have any of you got any idea's what could be wrong with him? thanks for any replys in advance.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
my yemen does that with veg,he very rarely tongues it
also if im hand feeding he seems happy enough to eat from my hand rather than tongueing it
dont really know what to suggest,suppose a trip to the vets if u get to worried or he keeps doing it...?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts