Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just lately my young cham has been scratchin at front of his viv like hes tryin 2 get out.i get him out quite often but hes alwas doing this and i heard its not a ood sign and i dont kno wat to do

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
mine use to do that! :D i put more vines and foliage in there and he soon calmed down! :)

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
it coudl mean that you temps / set up isnt corretc.. but as i dontknow what its supposed to be im not sure... wait till a cham person comes online. :)
just lately my young cham has been scratchin at front of his viv like hes tryin 2 get out.i get him out quite often but hes alwas doing this and i heard its not a ood sign and i dont kno wat to do

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no its a standard wood viv with glass doors.i kno people hav diferent veiws on keeping them in flexis/wood vivs but i heard that loads of people succsesfully keep them in wooden 1s

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
i think you need ventilation though - mesh etc etc.. i think. that coudl be your problem
no its a standard wood viv with glass doors.i kno people hav diferent veiws on keeping them in flexis/wood vivs but i heard that loads of people succsesfully keep them in wooden 1s

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
yh, that is probably why hes doing it, mine is now in a 4ft flexi and he loves it! :D he is more active now!
get yourself a flexi or add some mesh to the viv :)

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i think you need ventilation though - mesh etc etc.. i think. that coudl be your problem
there is 4 large vent holes in each side and the back plus 2 holes at the top front and i open the viv quite regularly.

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
flexis are quite cheap actually so you might as well just get one of them :)
there is 4 large vent holes in each side and the back plus 2 holes at the top front and i open the viv quite regularly.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
i agree with freeky, yi=ou need a flexi! :D

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
does sound like hes not happy with his enclosure........you could try taking the glass out and making mesh doors???
chams need a really good cross over of ventilation.

my chams hate flexis but thrive in a semi free roaming enviroment.loads of ventilation.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
flexis are quite cheap actually so you might as well just get one of them :)
i heard that changing a home for chams can be very stressful.i fink i may consider adding mesh now tho.i hav some because i was going to do that in the first place but someone sed its no needed.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
my cham was fine when i changed to a flexi :) add some mesh on th edoors and see how he is :)

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
kk well thats cool, hope it gets better soon!! !
i heard that changing a home for chams can be very stressful.i fink i may consider adding mesh now tho.i hav some because i was going to do that in the first place but someone sed its no needed.

·
Registered
52 Posts
mybe you need to give t more stuff to climb on. It mught have a head problem. Mayb it wants to mate?

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
its the glass thats doing his head in lol...........
moving chams into a different home isnt that stressfull as long as the new home is better than the old home he will be fine.

flexis are shit for yemens.......:bash:

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
its the glass thats doing his head in lol...........
moving chams into a different home isnt that stressfull as long as the new home is better than the old home he will be fine.

flexis are shit for yemens.......:bash:
i dont think flexis are crap for yemens, mine loves his :D

·
Registered
71,221 Posts
chameleons don't understand the concept of glass as a barrier. i always had screen cages. i used to sit mine outside in the warm sunshine during summer. glass ain't too good.

·
Registered
164 Posts
i have kept many different types of chameleon......all in glass vivs no problem, they do not like smelly vivs it drives them crazy.....also human traffic does their heads in.....! try creating a visual barrier for a week and see what happens.....!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts