Reptile Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,this is my first post so thanks for takin ur time to help.
i was woundering if anyone could tell me which snake is best as ive had a corn snake and own a royal python (the best breed of snake in the world by the way.lol).the ones i am lookin at so far is the carpet python,brazilian rainbow boa or two more royal pythons as im thinkin of attempting to breed royals.sorry if my post is a but rough,like i said its my first plus im new to this forum to so hello everyone:2thumb:

·
Registered
9,627 Posts
i was woundering if anyone could tell me which snake is best as ive had a corn snake and own a royal python (the best breed of snake in the world by the way.lol).the ones i am lookin at so far is the carpet python,brazilian rainbow boa or two more royal pythons as im thinkin of attempting to breed royals.sorry if my post is a but rough,like i said its my first plus im new to this forum to so hello everyone:2thumb:
I would go for a carpet:2thumb:

·
Registered
576 Posts

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i got told too that there just like royals but instead of curling up in a ball in defence,they do a aggressive "S" pose instead,is this true?

·
Banned
75 Posts
carpet pythons ive got a breeding pair and they aint very tame
at all so i would go for two more royal ive got 1 royal ad i really do want more so go with what ever 3rd snake u want i say

·
Registered
6,467 Posts
There are lots and lots of snakes suitable, many of which you havent listed. It just depends on what you like the look of. Have a look at some websites, remember the names of the ones you like and find out about them, see if there's anyone local to you that keeps them and go and see them in the flesh.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think im gonna go with the safe option and go with the 2 more royals as they are really lovely calm snakes,maybe go for a carpet python in a years time when i gain more expeareance with handleing and caring for snakes,i'll keep u all updated with what i finally get and thank you all for answering my post.brilliant forum.:2thumb:

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
carpet babies can be really laid back or can be biting monsters. Out of seven only one of mine was bitey, end even she had calmed down within 6 weeks. Generall they calm down well, but the odd individual can be a monster at any age.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts