Reptile Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a ghost corn who is not eating at all now, my wife has really got attached but nothing is working, hatched july taken about 8 pinky since then, tried scenting, chopping up, chick drumsticks, and assist feeding etc.
Its such a lovely snake, very friendly and lively, temps gradients are fine, tub is fine, hides etc. but is now desperately thin, is there anything I could use which would purify the pinky so I can send into snake via a tube, obviously snake is very small now but I think this may help, well at least feed for now, ANY IDEAS?

My other option is to let my friend in swindon who runs a reptile rescue take care of her until shes bigger, even though she keeps offering she has a lot of her own to look after.

·
Registered
13 Posts
i dont know if you have lokked at previous messages, but on page 5 there is some hints, title assisted feeding. I hope your snake starts eating soon, you must be worried sick. Good Luck.

·
Premium Member
9,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nina said:
i dont know if you have lokked at previous messages, but on page 5 there is some hints, title assisted feeding. I hope your snake starts eating soon, you must be worried sick. Good Luck.
Hi Nina yeah I have read that one and tried all of wohics ideas except for live pinky's as I cant get any round here.

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
hmm, wohics thing might have been the one i sent her?
SHAME YOU CANT GET LIVE, damb caps lol
tuna juice is good.

·
Registered
144 Posts
we have 2 female mice just about to give birth. its a shame you are so far away from northampton,

if u could get here i would gladly donate some live pinkies to the cause
( and from my experience it works )

good luck

·
Registered
14,291 Posts
I am waiting on some babies (mice) but they are on a go slow since I put them in the shed, I will give you a shout if I get any luck.

I have known people to use egg, or tinned dog food as a last resort, for forcing.
And if you want me to take her and give her a go I will.
Are you putting avipro in her water ?

Nige....... some of your ideas some of mine :wink: I will try anything,
been lucky so far, of the 12 I was sent 11 are taking defrost now. the twelth died 36 hours after it arrived .

·
Registered
7,244 Posts
If the tub is too big your snake may go off feeding. Mine did for a while, but I had no choice really. Try keeping your snake in a smaller tub and provide a humid hide with wet paper towel (or moss).

I had a little female do that, I did what i just mentioned and she ate fine after that.

·
Registered
632 Posts
take her to a herp vet and get them to tube feed her a couple of times, that should stimulate the feeding response... went thru the same but with my king... works a dream!!

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
corn-lover said:
we have 2 female mice just about to give birth. its a shame you are so far away from northampton,

if u could get here i would gladly donate some live pinkies to the cause
( and from my experience it works )

good luck
me too.. although its typical as i dont need them now, i sold the bad feeders (well not so much sold them as gave them away lol)

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
yeh, just use to juice and put the pink in it.. it works quite often.. then freeze the juice for next time.. break a little piece off each time you need it.

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
i've been doing it for years.. seems to have a good % rate.

G

·
might try that then...we got a corn thats nearly a year old and needs to be assist fed everytime....not nice when pinkies are splitting lol

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
yeh thats a pain in the arse

1 - 17 of 17 Posts