Reptile Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

Registered
For what its worth.. When i started looking after snakes I also had to go through the different advice and sort through what made sense. For my Royal when she was a baby (as with all my baby snakes) I kept her in a RUB with a heat mat and stat. When she got bigger, I moved her into a 2ft viv with heat bulb and dimmer stat. She outgrew her hide and in order to give her a bigger one, I moved her into a 3ft viv which seems the perfect size for her. I only use the heat mats for my baby snakes and when move them into vivs, switch to bulbs. I personally use red night bulbs which some people dont like, but might upgrade to ceramics soon.
Dont worry about all the different advice... people do things differently and its not always the wrong way and the right way, although I dont like heat mats in vivs covered with substrate, that seems like a fire risk to me馃敟馃榿

Registered
Okay, so I've read don't use a heating pad, a lamp is fine and I've also heard yes, use a pad because they like belly heat. Which is it? Or should I just remove the pad once my royal gets big enough? Will a thicker layer of substrate prevent potential burns?

You have to use a thermostat to regulate any heat source and then there鈥檚 no danger of any burns .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Registered
For what its worth.. When i started looking after snakes I also had to go through the different advice and sort through what made sense. For my Royal when she was a baby (as with all my baby snakes) I kept her in a RUB with a heat mat and stat. When she got bigger, I moved her into a 2ft viv with heat bulb and dimmer stat. She outgrew her hide and in order to give her a bigger one, I moved her into a 3ft viv which seems the perfect size for her. I only use the heat mats for my baby snakes and when move them into vivs, switch to bulbs. I personally use red night bulbs which some people dont like, but might upgrade to ceramics soon.
Dont worry about all the different advice... people do things differently and its not always the wrong way and the right way, although I dont like heat mats in vivs covered with substrate, that seems like a fire risk to me馃敟馃榿
You have to use a thermostat to regulate any heat source and then there鈥檚 no danger of any burns .
Why are you guys replying to a post that is over three years old ?? and when the last post from Yukino was in March 2017, so doubt he's around these days !

Registered
Why are you guys replying to a post that is over three years old ?? and when the last post from Yukino was in March 2017, so doubt he's around these days !

Well I replied to a brand new post I don鈥檛 check the post before the one I鈥檓 quoting :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Registered
Well I replied to a brand new post I don鈥檛 check the post before the one I鈥檓 quoting :)
:lol2: the forum must be playing silly bu99ers

The post you quoted in your reply of 16/6/20 was from 2017, and the one before that, which is what you were replying to was middle of June this year... so why the forum chose to highlight this as an unread new post is anyone's guess !

21 - 25 of 25 Posts