Reptile Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I recently aquired 3 x snails at the bts out of interest coz they looked kinda cool. and i dont think they are doing too well but i cant find a care sheet or info for them. I have succesfuly kept a range of zebra, tiger and albino jade snails so i thought they might be ok but i cant seem to get the conditions right. I was told they were australian snails but i cant find anything on them!? they look like cepaea nemoralis. can anyone help!?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah they had australian o the tub they were packed in but they are regular brown. I will try and get a pic uploaded or find one online to atach

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
a bit . the shape of the shell is corect but these are completely brown. could they be whit lipped!?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have been looking and they are definatly australian tree snails - any help with the care??? still cant find anything on them online!?

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Can't find anything on Australian tree snails via google... got a link to them?

If their tree snails, you'll need to provide plenty of height, and some clean branches, not just ones grabbed from the garden though. Tree snails are notoriously difficult to keep in captivity.

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Hm, that photo isn't particularly good to ID with, I have several native snails that look similar to that one, ideally you need a photo/description of the lip and opening of the shell and the flesh tone, though that can be very veritable (eg C. hortensis)

That and the lack of info on a Australian tree snail, I'm guessing it goes by another name more commonly used, and that names been used as "well found in a tree in Australia" type thing?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts