Reptile Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right um from what i have read you snake making popping noise isnt good and thats what my CRB is doing, he was fine until I changed his water (decided to give him a bigger bowl for bathing, he went in the water, completely under water, opened his mouth twice then came back out, which confused me, I picked him up to put him bk in his viv (he was heading for the door) and now he wont stop making popping and hissing sounds when he breaths, his thoat puffs out too, he's moving about ok but whenever i go near him he makes a run for it so to speak and doesnt wanna be handeled (unlike him as he always wants to be out) there is no fluid or anthing coming from his mouth that i can see. I dont know whats wrong :( has anyone got any idea's?

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
Doesnt sound too clever... I honestly cant say without seeing/hearing the snake in person but it sounds like they may have aspirated some water.
Water drawn into the lungs can cause bacterial infections - if he does not seem to be improving reasonably soon I would have him looked at.

Hopefully its nothing serious, but wouldnt llike to say "he'll be fine" only to have him go downhill!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dorset, wimborne area

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
rossthedon said:
where are you located lady b?
so about as far away from you as possible mate

1 - 6 of 6 Posts