Reptile Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if I should be worried or not. I have a large tank with a few A. gigas in. 2 semi adult and 2 juvies. Up until a while ago they seemed to spend most of their time on the surface. However for the last while i haven't seem them at all. Any ideas as to what might be going on? I know they moult, but if thats it it's taking a very very long time :hmm:

Any suggestions are welcome :2thumb:

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
have you lowered/changed the temp?

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
I thought A. Gigas tended to spend most of their time underground?

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi guys, the temp is a bit higher than what it was before, I got a bigger heat mat and replaced my old one, but it's still well within what everyone recomends acording to my thermometer in there. it's only a normal murcury-type thermometer though... so it could be the temp. I though of changing the heat mat back to the old one, but I haven't simply because the temperature is still only around the high 70's/low 80s (around 26C) and everything I can find recomends 75-85F. Think it could be that? Might change it back when I get home, see if it makes a difference.

iiisecondcreep: yeah, mine teneded to stay under ground during the day, but around 6-7 ish they'd be up and about almost all night. Could hear them wandering around on the leaf cover

Cheers guys :2thumb:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts