Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:blush:help me im only 14
iv been looking for a 4ft viv (and setup possably)
i have been looking for over a month now
i need one with in 10 miles of eastbourne
could you help me ??
:cry:

·
Banned
1,226 Posts
1 why nto ask your parents to look for one for you

2 why not try a local herp store

3 why not google Bearded dragon setups most stores deliver for free

4 do abit more reseach before deciding to buy a Beadie setup

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1 why nto ask your parents to look for one for you

2 why not try a local herp store

3 why not google Bearded dragon setups most stores deliver for free

4 do abit more reseach before deciding to buy a Beadie setup
  1. i have but they all ways come up with the one what cost £85.99
  2. im going there tomorrow i think ???
  3. i was before i came on to here
  4. i have done tons of reasurch

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
why start the thread then ???
because most of the time the man in the shop tells lies and he charges £90 for a baby bearded dragon :eek:

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
because most of the time the man in the shop tells lies and he charges £90 for a baby bearded dragon :eek:
You need to understand that reptile keeping doesn't come cheap, it's expensive.

·
Banned
1,226 Posts
look go to google and type in Bearded dragon setups

you will get alot of websites that have very good starter kits for sale and there about 180 pound and most have free delivery over 50 pound so your sorted

away you go ;)

·
Registered
350 Posts
I think he's just coming on to get more prices. It's always good to look many places to make sure your not getting ripped off :)

Most likely though, a local pet store will be best as you can see the viv your buying, there are so many cheaply made ones that you'll probably find yourself replacing.

Also just to close some doors, i've read some of the stuff he's put in posts and looks like he is doing research into it all.

And lastly... £90 for a beardie?! Wow.. is it a normal beardie or a specific colour type? (e.g, hypo snow, citrus etc) and what age?

Oh and just to say from my local pet store, I got a full set up + beardie + food etc for £225 thats a 48 x 18 x 18 viv with all decor, hides, substrate, lighting and such. To give you an idea if it helps?

·
Registered
190 Posts
hiya mate, you could try your local used goods websites like gumtree and adtrader. also dont forget good old fleabay

i cant suggest anything else because i dont live in your area but good luck with your search

·
Registered
104 Posts
:blush:help me im only 14
iv been looking for a 4ft viv (and setup possably)
i have been looking for over a month now
i need one with in 10 miles of eastbourne
could you help me ??
:cry:

My sis is in Eastbourne and she says she didnt bother locally but brought hers on Ebay. Unfortunately it is expensive setting up with a bearded dragon.

Or try Gumtree.

Are your parents aware of what goes into looking after beardies?

I am new to it and found more to it than I thought. Daily cleaning, changing the water. Making sure they fed around same time with crickets, calcium powder on the crickets. I also brought some food for the crickets which aparently helps them be healthy which goes to the beardies.
So much to it.

Also I got insurance for the beardies for vet bills as Vets are expensive.

·
Registered
350 Posts
My sis is in Eastbourne and she says she didnt bother locally but brought hers on Ebay. Unfortunately it is expensive setting up with a bearded dragon.

Or try Gumtree.

Are your parents aware of what goes into looking after beardies?

I am new to it and found more to it than I thought. Daily cleaning, changing the water. Making sure they fed around same time with crickets, calcium powder on the crickets. I also brought some food for the crickets which aparently helps them be healthy which goes to the beardies.
So much to it.

Also I got insurance for the beardies for vet bills as Vets are expensive.

Good advice, you would be surprised how much there is to daily care for them :)

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think he's just coming on to get more prices. It's always good to look many places to make sure your not getting ripped off :)

Most likely though, a local pet store will be best as you can see the viv your buying, there are so many cheaply made ones that you'll probably find yourself replacing.

Also just to close some doors, i've read some of the stuff he's put in posts and looks like he is doing research into it all.

And lastly... £90 for a beardie?! Wow.. is it a normal beardie or a specific colour type? (e.g, hypo snow, citrus etc) and what age?

Oh and just to say from my local pet store, I got a full set up + beardie + food etc for £225 thats a 48 x 18 x 18 viv with all decor, hides, substrate, lighting and such. To give you an idea if it helps?
he said its a normal and he said 90 is the cheepest you will find one

·
Registered
350 Posts

Wow, it could be to do with the area you live and that they could be hard to come across, but I find them normally around 30-40, and cheaper if your buying a set up from them too :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
I paid £180 for full set up and 2 beardies.

But since then been told 2 beardies are not good together so wasnt great idea. the beardies were £30 on their own each.

maybe for adult one might by £90.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I paid £180 for full set up and 2 beardies.

But since then been told 2 beardies are not good together so wasnt great idea. the beardies were £30 on their own each.

maybe for adult one might by £90.
Yeah 2 wont live together happily sadly :(

I've seen an adult female german giant for £89 but thats the only one near that price range

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Hey :welcome:

Althernativly to buying from a shop you could try rehoming sites/ free ads etc as people are often trying to get rid of / rehome beardies. I rescued both my bd's, and recieved a viv and all set up etc with them. Dont get me wrong, i didnt go out looking for bearded dragons, all the animals i have rehomed / rescued people came to me, but there are often alot of people on preloved and the classifieds on here selling bd's with set up for alot cheaper than you can get from shops!

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
i know where you can get a 3ft vx viv exotic, dimming thermastat, 10.0 uv, uv starter, basking light and fittings, basking wood, calci dust, nutrobal, and baby bearded dragon for 225 or 4ft 250. all new and viv comes sealed and ready to go. + thermometer

you'd get cheaper second hand but these are all new

·
Registered
64 Posts
You should be able to find all you need in the classified section on this forum.Theres lots of bds around alot cheaper than £90!
good luck with your search:2thumb:

·
Registered
327 Posts
Look on preloved. I got a 4ft viv, two baby dragons (now seperated!) and full setup for £80 (after a bit of haggling :whistling2:)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts