Reptile Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have just chcked on one of my cali kings and she has a lot of wierd stuff in her viv, it all looks fresh as if she has done it in the last few hours,i can only describe it as looking like saliva with blood in it, but it has came from the vent, over the last week she has not eaten, and she is skinny anyway.

will get her to the vet first thing tomorrow, but has anybody got any idea what to do now?

please please help

thanks
lee

·
Registered
22,890 Posts
Is she old enough that she could have been egg bound?

It might be that an egg has burst - that's the only thing I can personally think of that would look like that.

Definitely she needs to be looked at by a vet - but for the time being I think the standards of keep her warm, sterile tub...

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
Can you post up some details about her and her habitat Lee?

Age, has she been bred, temps, humidity etc

I can't really be much help sorry as i have not experienced this before - only thing i could suggest is maybe a bit of an impaction or something that has bound her up - kind of like ocnstipation if that is even possible in snakes!

Iam sure someone with more experience will answer soon though but I thikn taking her the vets is your best bet :)

·
Registered
9,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i bought her in doncaster in september, and was told she was 4, never been bred from etc. i have not bred from her and looking by how thin she is i dont think i would want to!!! she has refused to eat for the last two weeks but i didnt think it was anything serious!!!

cant think of any more details sorry

lee

edit: temp, humidity and everything else is good, just checked all of them

·
Registered
14,291 Posts
I would suggest totally isolating her from your other snakes as well, in a seperate room, and do not touch any of your herps after touching her.
it sounds like a gasteric problem (only an educated guess from what you have discribed) and could posibly be infectious.

:( best of luck with her.

·
Registered
9,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
been phoning around vets and cant get an appointment anywere!!!!!

they are all closed tomorrow or emergency only, and they dont seem to class this as an emergency!!

dont know what to do!!!

however, she seems a lot better now, has not bled from 9.30 last night, and seems to have picked up in herself a lot, i am still going to take her to vets etc. but hopefully this is a good sign.

thanks for the help everybody

i feel so useless as there is abserloutly nothing i can do, the earliest appointment i got offere was onb tuesday!!!

lee

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
Not sur eif it is any help Lee but you could try our vets over here local to me

Hoylake Veterinary Surgery
( Rob McNulty Ltd )
25a Market St
Hoylake
Wirral
Merseyside
CH47 2BG
0151 632 5676

The main vet, Rob, is very good with exotics and is where we (me and mybest mate) have in the past and also at present have our animals treated when necessary :)

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
Dont know if you have had your snake to a reptile vet yet (please dont go to an ordinary one) but a similar thing happened to one of my corns a few weeks ago. i bought him as an adult 5 years ago, and he has always been fit and well, but this year hadnt put his weight back on after the breeding season, even though he hadnt bred, and his appetite hadnt really come back. Then I found heavily bloodstained slimy poo. I put a sample in the fridge overnight and took it and the snake to the vet. Turned out he had a really heavy parasite load that he had probably had for years. He had a good dose of flagyl, repeated a week later, and I also treated the female he had been bred with last year, just in case. He is picking up well, now, and eating. You will probably find it is parasites - take a sample along with you to the vets if you can. Hope it all goes ok.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts