Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi weve had a bearded dragon for two weeks now and im a bit worried about him, probably just getting parioid,he,s eating crickets ok but hasnt grasped greens yet, he sees a bit sad and some times he wants to be out and looks lively but once hes out just snuggles in and goes to sleep, plus he keeps sitting high up on a branch near the uv and his colour goes dark is this too much for him ,temperatures are fine he doesnt drink water yet unless its on the wall when i spray , hes about 9 months old and just need some advice , his name is frank, think hes a he any way:crazy:

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
was he eating veg before you got him? some young beardies wont touch it till they get older, just keep offering it and vary what you give him. as for sitting up near the uv i dont know, mine does that sometimes but not all the time. maybe someone more experienced will read this and offer opinions? sorry i couldnt be of more help: victory:

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
hi.
sorry to ask but when you say temps are fine...well what are your temps?
also, you should make sure he is drinking however he does it.
have you tried to offer him water drops from your finger tips or from a syringe?
really beardies should brighten up once they are near the uv and warm up.
does he have many squiggles on his belly? do they ever fade so that they are barely or not at all visible?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanx

dont know if he was on veg before, need to ring the shop that i got him from but dont like the stuff they told me as a lot of it was wrong,god you get so many different ways to do things with them you dont know what to do some times, think ive found a decent place that knows what they talking bout any way, do you know if it could possibly his way of telling me he wants winter shut down or if he maybe gonna shed:mf_dribble:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
temps are 100 under basking site and 65 on a night,and the marking on his belly come right up when hes been right under uv and just had a look at him and they still there and hes been away from light for an hour

·
Banned
61,457 Posts
hi weve had a bearded dragon for two weeks now and im a bit worried about him, probably just getting parioid,he,s eating crickets ok but hasnt grasped greens yet, he sees a bit sad and some times he wants to be out and looks lively but once hes out just snuggles in and goes to sleep, plus he keeps sitting high up on a branch near the uv and his colour goes dark is this too much for him ,temperatures are fine he doesnt drink water yet unless its on the wall when i spray , hes about 9 months old and just need some advice , his name is frank, think hes a he any way:crazy:
colour usually goes dark when they're too cold. How are you checking the temps? digital thermometer or stick on pile of cack?

he's drinking water. They don't have cups and taps in the outback so they'll get moisture from leaves etc. Some 'might' drink from a pool or bowl of water but most won't.

Beardies are like kids, they're never happy unless getting their own way. Some love veg, some hate it and some won't touch it till you con them into trying it. Buy some meal worms and stick them in the bowl with the veg so it moves. They'll grab a worm or 2 and a mouthful of veg.

There's no set rules with any animals but as long as he's healthy he doesn't need to drink from a bowl or eat veg.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Dean will help u, but in my opinion its the name, FRANK, thats enough to make anyone feel unwell :lol2:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hes on my knee now and some times seems ok , wonder if hes deppressed as hes had a bit upheaval over the last couple of weeks ps is it normal for thier fingers to be a pinkie colour, see just got him out and hes crawling into my work shirt colar and he'll probs go to sleep , is he ok or what, do i need to take him to a vet as im scared that i take him and that this is just normal

·
Banned
61,457 Posts
he's probably sick of parents asking him about drugs.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah shop was crap sold me wrong bulb and told me rubbish, found a good supplier now though who know what hes talking bout

·
Banned
61,457 Posts
seeing as you ignored it the first time.

colour usually goes dark when they're too cold. How are you checking the temps? digital thermometer or stick on pile of cack?

he's drinking water. They don't have cups and taps in the outback so they'll get moisture from leaves etc. Some 'might' drink from a pool or bowl of water but most won't.

Beardies are like kids, they're never happy unless getting their own way. Some love veg, some hate it and some won't touch it till you con them into trying it. Buy some meal worms and stick them in the bowl with the veg so it moves. They'll grab a worm or 2 and a mouthful of veg.

There's no set rules with any animals but as long as he's healthy he doesn't need to drink from a bowl or eat veg.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
digital thermometer x some times hes fine others he looks ill x im gonna try bringing the temp up 10 degrees under basking site as advised earlier x he seems fine at the min thats what puts me off taking him to vet as i think hes gonna laugh at me and cost me money for nothing

1 - 20 of 29 Posts