Reptile Forums banner
396 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Aran 
#1 ·
Right guys, here is the issue; My second eldest leo- Destiny, has a habit of spending all her time in the moist box. I didn't think much of it as she was shedding. However, I noticed a white patch that wasn't skin a moment ago. I thought it must have been stuck and so gave it a little rub to enforce friction, the old skin and her skin split and white spores puffed. I'm freaking out! I stopped immediately of course, and have moved her into her own tank to stop any spread of this 'fungus'. But what next, I can't bathe her as it'll aid the fungus and now I'm really at odds and ends about what to do! Any advice is welcome, especially if anyone has encountered this before!

- Thanks Guys, Aran x

#3 ·
Right update! I went to walk in clinic down the road from me, lady who saw me said she had seen it before and THANKFULLY it wasn't a big deal! just said keep her in a dryer tank, tissue (or something absorbent) with a very small water bowl. she said it was a minor skin infection, and that I should sterlise my moist hide before I use it again (by this point I had already chucked it out!) and give her a little time. Fingers crossed guys!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.