Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I HAVE GOT QUITE A FEW HERMANN TOROISES AND HAVE DECIDED I DO NOT WANT TO KEEP THEM. i WILL BE SELLING THEM AT £95 PER TORTOISE. IF ANY BODY IS INTERESTED THEN FEEL FREE TO EMAIL ME AT [email protected] WITH ANY QUESTIONS OR INFORMATION.THANK YOU!

·
Registered
520 Posts
how many do you have?how old are they?are they male or female? do they come with article 10? are they UK captive bred?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how many do you have?how old are they?are they male or female? do they come with article 10? are they UK captive bred?
i can get hold of as many as you want! they are ageing from 6-months to a year old, so they are very young. It is very hard to determine whether they are male or female at this stage as they are very young. They do come complete with a article 10 and they are not UK captive bred. If interested then please email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
520 Posts
Why on earth would i want to have dealings with somebody who can 'get as many as you want' tortoises that have been shipped over from im guessing Slovenia wheres 100's have died on the way and are probably loaded with parasites and worms,next you'l be telling me you have vivs to put them in to aswell,you'l wish you hadnt posted this on here because you wont get any posative response from anybody with any knowledge of tortoise keeping in the uk, ggrrr people like you make me angry :evil:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no not really it is just that i want to get rid of these tortoises that i have in my house. my family have these and i was only giving you the information you wanted to hear. sorry you feel this way.

·
Registered
520 Posts
If you only want to get rid of some in your house how can you sell 'as many as you want'??????

·
Registered
25,691 Posts
There is a flood of hermann's on the market cheap right now, I've seen adds for as low as £40 each "as many as you want" so there must have been something that increased the numbers lately .. then there are some idiots who are asking up £150 for these same tortoises.. and I know it's not the wholesalers because the wholesalers I know who have them in stock are selling at £60-80 and are UKCB.

·
Banned
3,993 Posts
You need to get rid of them, you can get as many as we want. What is this pick a reason, any reason. Now we all know that this guy is a dealer in Slovenian torts and we all know that the market is only flooded with Slovenian torts since they joined the EU in 2004. This is a legal loophole which WILL eventually be closed.
PLEASE STEER CLEAR OF SUCH DEALERS. APART FROM THE HIGH POSSIBILITY OF BUYING A SICK TORTOISE, YOU WOULD BE CONTRIBUTING TO THE WILD CAUGHT TRADE IN TORTOISES, AN ENDANGERED SPECIES AT THAT. HAVE A LOOK HERE TortoiseProtectionGroup : Tortoise Aid
Dealers details duly noted

·
Banned
3,993 Posts
and I know it's not the wholesalers because the wholesalers I know who have them in stock are selling at £60-80 and are UKCB.

Please give details of these wholesalers. I do not have any knowledge of anyone registered as a wholesaler of UK CB tortoises!

·
Registered
520 Posts
I bet you these wholesalers do not sell UK CAPTIVE BRED tortoises,wholesaler says it all,they are slovenian imports that come from wholesalers/dealers!Why is someone an idiot because they ask up to £150 for a tortoise that is bred in this country with lots of time and effort,plus considering they live for over 100 years if cared for properly i'd say thats a bargain!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If you only want to get rid of some in your house how can you sell 'as many as you want'??????
i said as many as u may want becasue i have 8 that i could possibly sell. 4 of my own an 4 of my relatives that i could get offthem. this is alot of hassle over wantin to see if my pets will get bought. what is the opint? yes there might b imports going about but by god cant i just sell my pets. i dont blame you for stating this as you caring for the animals werfare but accusing is nto such a great thing to jump to.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Well maybe you shouldve said that from the start as you clearly havnt got an unlimited supply like you made out,Sorry if i come over as aggresive but there are a lot of uncaring tortoise dealers around who are just after a quick sale and this is the impression i got from your original post!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yea of course you would be able to have alook at them where abouts are you from? would you like me to get all eight for you as it will take a week to get all of them off my family. I have four that could be sold as theya re at my house though if you were interested. I do hope it is a good home they will be going to but i do not exaclty treat the four i have got wrongly.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
my auntie has got two hermann tortoises that are older than the other 6 tortoises. They have grown to about 4-5 inches so for all eight it would cost £730 or £570 for the six.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just a little confused...:?

Your screen name "Reps4u" does sound like you are running some kind of shop, along the lines of "phones4u". Please can you put my mind at rest and explain how you came to choose that name?

Thanks!

Beth.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i couldnt get anyfin else. i tried reps4us but it wudnt take it an i cudnt fink of anyfin else so i fitted in what i could. It looks like i getting branded here. i do understand dont get me wrong. looking at my name i should change it. thank you for bringing it to my attention though and hope ur mind is at rest.

·
Banned
3,993 Posts
I thought you said you had them at your house. Anyway give me and address and I will be there. You could come with me to get the ones from your aunt. Will tommorow be OK after 3pm? Coming from Shrewsbury end I have sat nav so only need a postcode and house number. Will you take £700 for the eight

·
Registered
520 Posts
Does no one else think this is slightly odd or is it just me?:shock:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts