Reptile Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...I thought I would show some of my Hermanns hatchlings eating some lovely fresh weeds plucked straight from my front garden, these photos were taken on 11/8/06 just 2 days after the torts began hatching, some of them ate within hours of hatching, thats hermanns for you, ready to eat from birth :wink: ...T.T. 8)

·
Registered
9,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nicky and AQUATICDAVE, thanks for your comments :wink: ...

shootinglou79, cheers linz, yep they still have their egg tooth, some of them had just hatched :lol: :wink: ...T.T. 8)

G

·
Sorry T.T i dont come in thi section very often as i know naff all about torts and turtles but those pics are amazing mate and some real nice torts there as well.

You seem to be a dab hand at this breeding lark now mate how many adults do you currently have then :?:

·
Registered
9,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Greenphase, cheers ryan, I am the same about the snake section, I have been in there maybe 6 times in a year :? !!!...As for adult tort numbers mate :roll: ...more than 10, less than 20 :wink: ...

crawlin, many thanks :wink: ...T.T. 8)

G

·
T.T I know what you mean mate and if that was too personal by all means tell me to fork off i wont be offended mate we all need to keep some secrets dont we :wink:

·
Registered
9,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Greenphase, its no secret mate, its just that its a well known fact that adult torts are rare these days, and as a result are being stolen to order up and down the country. A friend of mine has just had 2 of his torts stolen (both females) and also a dear old lady phoned me back in the summer, almost in tears on the phone, asking me to keep my eyes peeled for her collection of 5 adults that were stolen by some barsteward. Even down my vets there is a poster up showing 2 adults have been stolen recently, in most cases, these people have owned these torts for years, some have been passed down through the family, apart from the sentimental value, how do you replace an adult Tort??? the answer is you just cant :( ...I would advise anyone who has an adult tort to take a clear photo of the plastron (under side of the shell) because although sometimes similar in appearence, no 2 tort plastrons are exactly the same in their markings :wink: ...T.T. 8)

G

·
Now i understand where you are coming from mate.I must admit that as far as torts are concerned all i know is my aunt had one for about 50 years and that had come to her from her mother in law.If i ever got my hands on someone who did that to anyone i know of i would break every bone in their arms and legs

·
Registered
9,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Greenphase,
If i ever got my hands on someone who did that to anyone i know of i would break every bone in their arms and legs
Hey ryan, talk like that will get you recruited :lol: ...a tort info. pack will be sent to you shortly, follow the instructions very carefully, oh and what size t-shirt are you :lol: :lol: :lol: ...T.T. 8)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts