Reptile Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
3,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Jersey Tortoise Sanctuary has for sale this years hatchling Testudo hermanni boettgeri tortoises to approved homes, from the mainland(Shropshire). Costs to import single tortoises from Jersey is usually prohibitive so they are here under license from DEFRA. They are £100 each and come with article 10 certs, care booklets, breeders records and a full after care service for as long as you need it.
Either reply to this ad or contact [email protected] or [email protected]
I can send pics on request if you would like to see them

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
wizza, what countries should be avoided when looking at tortoise origins?

i know its a bit off topic but i can get a quick easy reply this way.

·
Registered
520 Posts
i know im butting in but Slovenia is one definatley to avoid,i think basically you should really get one that is bred in the uk!avoids all the horrid transporting abroard issues :D

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
i know about slovenia, but what other countries are there?

personal;ly, i go off the tortoises certificates anyway rather than just stereotypign the country but its good to know what countries are generally worth avoiding.

my mums going to get my a tort for my 18th birthday and i want to be aware of bad places!

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Em sorry to butt in aswell but i think Germany and the cech rep are no nos but dont take that as gospel :lol:

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
perhaps a better question would be, what countries are safe to buy from other than UK.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts