Reptile Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
All wild I assume? Man, it'd be a dream for me to go some place and find herps. I've just been thrilled by my finding a common grass snake in the Canal close to where I live, first wild reptile I've ever properly seen.
I saw a lizard once in Arizona but it fled too fast into some shrubbery for me to see what it was.

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Great pics, lucky you visiting somewhere like that :)

·
Registered
3,702 Posts
great pics, i want to go there

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
if you can't get out of europe it doesn't matter as south of france and for that matter Dorset is full of reptiles. i know there not snakes or lizards but we get loads of frogs every year to a tiny pond in the middle of a town, and also on a hot spring day go out to some where like dorset and look on rock or under metal as me and my "friend" went out for a walk and in half and hour we'd seen 1grass lizard, 1 grass snake, 1 adder and 5 slow worms :)

·
Registered
673 Posts
The canal (Apperley Bridge) where I saw the grass snake had tons of tadpoles all along the banks during the summer months but they've all finished their developments, been back numerous times and they're gone but I haven't seen a single frog. I even took a bike ride at 6am thinking maybe with the grass being full of dew at that time, they might be out hunting insects in the moist grass.

Still nothing though, although I did see three herons which was great, they aren't a common sight here either.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts