Reptile Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
being looking into these as the final solution to house my borneo short tail python when bigger but have a few questions regarding them.

Is there a difference in quality between them?

How do people heat them?

Were do they position the heat source without forgetting about the humidity?

How well do they hold humidity compared to normal woodern viv's?

thanks in advance can not think of any more questions at the moment

Sam

·
Registered
9,462 Posts
being looking into these as the final solution to house my borneo short tail python when bigger but have a few questions regarding them.

Is there a difference in quality between them?

Both are great, well designed and well constructed, both of A* quality.

How do people heat them?
Rhinos can use any heat source, mats, CHE's, Bulbs, AHS's.

Were do they position the heat source without forgetting about the humidity?
Mats underneath the viv for heat transfer, bulbs/CHE's/AHS's like you would in a normal viv.

How well do they hold humidity compared to normal woodern viv's?
Perfectly, Rhino's tend to hold humidity better than herpteks IMO.

thanks in advance can not think of any more questions at the moment

Sam
Rhinovivs

:no1:

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
PRICES
2400MM £750 (dbd)
1830MM £365 (dbd)
1500MM £310 (dbd)
1500MM £275
1200MM £265 (dbd) ??
1200MM £245
900MM £215
600MM £199

4 feet = 1219.2 millimeters

2 feet = 609.6 millimeters

thats what google says lol

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
PRICES
2400MM £750 (dbd)
1830MM £365 (dbd)
1500MM £310 (dbd)
1500MM £275
1200MM £265 (dbd) ??
1200MM £245
900MM £215
600MM £199

4 feet = 1219.2 millimeters

2 feet = 609.6 millimeters

thats what google says lol

sorry mate im familiar with measurements in feet, centimetres and milimetres it was just the way it was listed that i didn't understand. : victory:

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I definitely recommend RhinoVivs, having owned Herpteks,Visions an Rhino vivs, I go for the RhinoViv every time.

: victory:
thats what im thinking of doing seems to be the better option then wooden viv's to use for my blood. Need to decide which way to heat it at the moment using ceramic which heats the viv well but makes the humidity harder to mantain or could use a heat mat but then don't know how well there going to heat the viv and what the humidity is going to be like as i haven't used them before in a big viv.

·
Registered
9,462 Posts
thats what im thinking of doing seems to be the better option then wooden viv's to use for my blood. Need to decide which way to heat it at the moment using ceramic which heats the viv well but makes the humidity harder to mantain or could use a heat mat but then don't know how well there going to heat the viv and what the humidity is going to be like as i haven't used them before in a big viv.
Heat mats work great in RhinoViv's, I am shifting my bloods over to RhinoViv's soon, won't have a problem maintaining the humidity.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Heat mats work great in RhinoViv's, I am shifting my bloods over to RhinoViv's soon, won't have a problem maintaining the humidity.
sorry for all the questions but what about the ambiant temp of the viv and what size mat would you use?

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ambient temps stay stable, as stable as in a 'normal' viv, I use a mat that will cover 1/3 of the enclosure, like I do with tubs/vivs/plastic vivs.

:)
cheers so the normal rule still apllies thanks for ansewering my questions just wanted too get everything sorted in my mind so when i make the change i dont have to worry as much lol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.