Reptile Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just a few questions as im getting some 6ftx3ft herptek relatively soon.
1-whats the best way to heat them?gonna be housing tegus in them so need a basking spot of about 110,the rest of the viv can be 80 ish
2-i know theres space for reflector type light fittings in the cut out space in the top but what size diameter wise reflectors can you fit in there and could you fit more than one in the space??
hope that all makes sense!!cheers.dan

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
use an Infra red bulb or ceramic,but watch out for too much heat from a ceramic. The mesh space on a 6ft will take a 22cm zoo med clamp lamp dome and you can fit two along side each other in the gap.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I use them personally, they have good and bad points, good being that all lighting heating is externally mounted and flush fitting so they stack really nicely, the glass is nice and thick with big sturdy runners, the inside is easily cleaned with nowhere for anything to hide. The bad point is the price,

·
Registered
643 Posts
hi there" just got my herptec 190/70/50 for retic female paid £340 from bloke and onley 2month old looks really good just wondering if a 100 wott ceramic will do the 90 hot 80 cool"

thanks john

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
i think you cant fault them, especially the larger sizes when it comes to boids, melamine just splits with all the spilled water and snake piss, i do think the smaller sizes are overkill though

1 - 10 of 10 Posts