Reptile Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have just fed my Carr Baby Boa and woow , usally i wrigle it for him and he has a LITTLE snap, constrict and swollow but today, he striked about 30cm missed the pinkie and went for me i think lol dont mind like, so tryed it a gen and soon as it went up he eyed it up and launched it out my hand WOOOW his striking is amazing now, but is looking a bit aggresive to handle, he eyes up my hand if it goes neer the cage.

·
Banned
1,156 Posts
lol wear gloves for a while when you are handling him as snakes dont like the taste and he wil soon stop trying to tagg you it worked for me with my b/r/b best of luckxx

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
mmm...looks like he assosiates your hand with food, you may want to invest in some tweesers...

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i do use tweezers but that dont stop him trying to get me lol

·
Banned
1,156 Posts
try the gloves it workes

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
serpentkid100 said:
mmm...looks like he assosiates your hand with food, you may want to invest in some tweesers...
All snakes are a bit snappy after feeding, theyre generally just looking for something else to eat, it doesnt neccessarily mean they consistently associate you with food.

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
You want to start getting him out of the viv though or he's gonna stay snappy forever... show no fear or they will sense it and will hiss and strike so they are never picked up

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
welshgaz said:
You want to start getting him out of the viv though or he's gonna stay snappy forever... show no fear or they will sense it and will hiss and strike so they are never picked up
i agree the more you put it off the worse it will get and whats the worse that will happen you'll get bit, its not that bad as he's only a baby :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts