Reptile Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all im sorry if i waste your time ut i was just wandering what all this, The Geckos should be over 2 years of age etc. Dont you keep them in the same viv? i mean do you split the male from the females and only unite them when theyre over 50g? i dont really understand this please help me.
Also it would be really handy if someone could flick up some pics of Leo Morphs or tell me how i can identify some.

·
Registered
9,219 Posts
since your only gettting your first gecko i wouldn't worry about breading for now. But obviously if you get a male and a female their going to, as such if you only have one female or the geckos are to young the male will try and breed with the femal more then likly exahysting her which often results in death.

How about going for a pair/trio of females and then later gettting a male if you really want to breed.

jay

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok thank you very much but can young males Breed with old females?!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And how much space will i actually need for a moderate amount of breeding ( how often do they breed?)

·
Registered
9,219 Posts
i've never kept leo's myself so only going on second hand and general info, im pritty sure they will bread most of the summer though you would have to incubate the eggs and if your lucky they will hatch.

yep any male of breading size and age can breed with a female regardles of age, same as anything really.

You will have to look at care sheets to get tank size's as i can't remember off the top of me head having never kept them.

make sure you read lots of care sheets.

jay

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
lovingreptiles
i am sorry to say this but you dont know much about leos YET ............so why rush into breeding them now???id get one male or female or 2 females and then see if you think youll have the time to care for the eggs give the female extra care ext ext ext ...........like i say you dont have to rush into things theres leos waiting allover for example....
if you wait get 1 leo or 2 you find out there absolutly georgeus lovely bla bla bla THEN you look up and research for breeding you get a male leo around same as female and breed them i wouldnt suggest breeding unless you realy know what you are doing lots of problems could accur...may become eggbound ext.ext.ext
if you rush into things things start to go wrong :p its upto you but thats my opinion....if you need any information on leos care ext... just ask

thx for reading once again its your choice .

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
oh and here are a few morphs::
here are my two :p

this is pattra high yellow :p

this is cleo my norm there both females

a few i searched on the internet this is a patternless

and a lavender .

you can get books to see what morphs there are i have a book called the leopard gecko manual it has care in morphs breeding ext.ext

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lol isnt the pattra high yellow the same as the ghost and the no pattern the same as the Lavender?

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
also get the book called the leopard gecko in captivity.it has loads of pics in the back of all differnet morphs.far better then the leopard gecko manuel.i have both and they are the best books i own so id advice getting both.think they around £7 each,think they do them on amazon to.Also i would wait on the breeding front for a bit to.unitl your more experienced with keeping leos.iv been keeping mine since last summer and i've only just started breeding my 9.make sure you know what your doing with incubators and everything first. :wink:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts