Reptile Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've finally finished moving and all reps and inverts are settling in nicely.

I was wondering if anyone had contact details for people that organise shows like kempton etc. I was contemplating trying to organise something similar for Wales as we have nothing like it here. I have a venue already willing to accommodate from previous workings with but would like to get in touch with some more people on the whole picture sort of thing.

I'd also like to hear any ideas or things you would like to see change about other shows to make it stand out from the rest. And also the important thing would you come.

Thanks in advance guys and girls. Let's see what ya got.

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
Ive organised a few in my time :) :lol2:

so, firstly, get in touch with the local council and make sure they have no issues with it....the last thing you want is them shutting it down whilst people are queuing to get in :)

then, try and get representatives from 'sister' organisations and clubs etc, i had the PSG, BDG, IHS, CPUK, AES etc at mine and they each always had a nice big display.

Then....the main suppliers such as Metamorphosis, BugzUK, JCexotics etc.....they always bring a good selection

then a few tables open to joe public to rent

make sure you have plenty of help to keep things in check and clean and tidy etc......a badly run show (through any reason) won't last long.....either through lack of support or the fact that the venue owners weren't impressed with what they were left with

I used a leisure centre....they gave me the use of two large halls and had free ample parking (well it was PaD but it was reimbursed for the show) also they have a good and reasonably priced restaurant upstairs.....all good things to make sure you have on board :2thumb:

·
Registered
12,239 Posts
Sounds like a good idea. From what I've seen I'd like more space between tables, when I was at Kempton they were so packed next to each other. (reptile show, not invert) having 2 floors was so much better, people were spread out more.

·
Registered
11,756 Posts
Sounds like a good idea. From what I've seen I'd like more space between tables, when I was at Kempton they were so packed next to each other. (reptile show, not invert) having 2 floors was so much better, people were spread out more.
It is better when there is more space, when the aisles are narrow its really hard to move, let alone see the stalls.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ive organised a few in my time :) :lol2:

so, firstly, get in touch with the local council and make sure they have no issues with it....the last thing you want is them shutting it down whilst people are queuing to get in :)

then, try and get representatives from 'sister' organisations and clubs etc, i had the PSG, BDG, IHS, CPUK, AES etc at mine and they each always had a nice big display.

Then....the main suppliers such as Metamorphosis, BugzUK, JCexotics etc.....they always bring a good selection

then a few tables open to joe public to rent

make sure you have plenty of help to keep things in check and clean and tidy etc......a badly run show (through any reason) won't last long.....either through lack of support or the fact that the venue owners weren't impressed with what they were left with

I used a leisure centre....they gave me the use of two large halls and had free ample parking (well it was PaD but it was reimbursed for the show) also they have a good and reasonably priced restaurant upstairs.....all good things to make sure you have on board :2thumb:
Cheers buddy. Great advice. When you were talking about getting suppliers on board how do you mean. Because I know if you have a PSL you can't sell outside your premises.

I'm on very good terms with my local AHO so no problems there plus the venue I'd be using I've used before (for a different "expo") so they have no issues.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Will there be strippers and beer?:cheers:

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know it would get you there buddy so yeah 99.9% guaranteed strippers and beer. Chances are the 0.01% will come out true lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts