Reptile Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi we have just bought 2 bearded dragons! well about 14 weeks ago :? and just started looking at different forums to get a better knowledge of our wonderful reptiles.
here are a some pics.

this is there second bath.

this is there new viv which all going well shud be in there by the end of the week

the viv measures 5ft x 2 x 2

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
lovely beardies.
what are there names? did u get them very young?

·
Registered
17,120 Posts
Beautiful little babies!!!

Welcome to the forum!!! :thumb:

I have 3 Beardies myself and as soon as you think you know everything about them something else comes up! lol

xxx

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Very nice lizards like their greens I see :)

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
:shock: not more baby beardies, they all need squashing.

welcome to the forum, i dont like baby beardies cuz they arent big and ugly enough :p but at least urs are good and eat their greens.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome :D !

The biggest of the two is called stumpy,(when we got her she had her tail bitten which fell off last week so she now has a stump!) and her sister is called Gorgeous. Got the the beginning of Nov at 10 weeks old.

Gorgeous dont like eatting greens unless there is mealworms mixed in but they both like the tips of the cress. they love to chase crickets, got some small locusts today to try them on.

They have grown about 2 inchs since we have had them, just been today to get equipment to kit out the big vivarium hopefully up and running by next week.

Will post pictures of the viv when done.

Thanx samandgem :)

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
our chinchilla is called stumps which is pretty similar and we have a beardy with three legs :lol: called spindle.

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
yeh funnily enough he's faster than what he used to be. we have 3 beardies altogether, spindle was the third one we bought because he looked very small in the shop even though he's same age as our other two.

he got an unfortunate infected bite from a cricket and had to have his leg amputated but he's quite a character :)

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Oh, those crickets are dangerous any pics of Spindle sounds cute

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
:welcome: nice beardies, watch them mealies though, they're very fattening, so you shouldnt feed them every day.

·
*****istrator
11,351 Posts
Hi and :welcome: to the forum. Nice looking beardies, their on my wish list. Nice looking viv your building, but why bother with that table, you could stick another viv under that :wink:

Have fun with your beardies, and the forum. :D

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well that wasnt the intention but....... that may happen at some point in the future as Sam is building a base at the bottom of the legs to sturdy it so may put one in at a later date. :lol:

Thanks for the tip on the mealies! wondered why stumpy was so big! :D

Thanks again

·
Registered
849 Posts
SamandGem said:
well that wasnt the intention but....... that may happen at some point in the future as Sam is building a base at the bottom of the legs to sturdy it so may put one in at a later date. :lol:

Thanks again
Whilst on the topic, they also have a very hard shell for the beardies to digest, as a treat you could try waxworms or super worms.

Very nice looking guys, I love em when they are so young :)

·
Registered
849 Posts
SamandGem said:

Thanks again
Whilst on the topic, they also have a very hard shell for the beardies to digest, as a treat you could try waxworms or super worms.

Very nice looking guys, I love em when they are so young :)

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
yeh crickets are best for a staple diet, out of the live foods [assumin one crik = one mealie]

a 80/20 in favour of crix is pretty good.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts