Reptile Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. Have posted somewhere else but new to this forum lark so its taking me a while to find my way round :blush:
Anyway, just wanted to say hi!! My name's Ali and i recently bought my 12 year old a beautiful pueblan milksnake, even though i was a bit nervous! Now, i just want some more and he hardly gets a look in with her!!:lol2: She is about 15 months old and i've been feeding her up as a mate of mine who keeps lots of snakes, said she was well under sized. She's now 29inches (last shed 2 weeks ago) and is eating 2 rat pups every 5-6 days. Does this sound ok for size? only i don't seem to be able to find out how big she should be at this age. Any advice on this would be really gratefully recieved. Thanks guys
Ali

·
Registered
5,330 Posts
:welcome: to the forum, hope you enjoy your stay​

·
Registered
10,619 Posts
come on people, the OP asked a question... dont use this section just to boost your post count... thats sad!!!!
anyway, to answer the question...
it depends on what you define as "rat pups"? if they're rat pinks with no fur, then no, its not enough... 2 x fully furred (every 5-7 days) is about right...

right, now i'll say "Welcome to our world, and enjoy your stay"...

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
i would give her small rat weener or 2x fuzzies,...
:welcomerfuk::welcomerfuk::welcomerfuk:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys. The rat pups i'm giving her are furless but they are quite big. They next size up that i can get is small mice and they are fully furred. She did gorge herself this week tho and regurged them for some reason. She seemed to be taking a hugely long time to digest as it's normally all gone in 2 days, but after 3 days there was no signs of digestion and then she regurged them last night. Do you think i should feed her as normal this week? She's never done it before so i haven't a clue whether to stick to the normal routine. Does her size sound ok to you all?
Thanks, Ali

·
Registered
10,619 Posts
Thanks guys. The rat pups i'm giving her are furless but they are quite big. They next size up that i can get is small mice and they are fully furred. She did gorge herself this week tho and regurged them for some reason. She seemed to be taking a hugely long time to digest as it's normally all gone in 2 days, but after 3 days there was no signs of digestion and then she regurged them last night. Do you think i should feed her as normal this week? She's never done it before so i haven't a clue whether to stick to the normal routine. Does her size sound ok to you all?
Thanks, Ali
just wondering if your temps are ok?

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
hi there and :welcomerfuk:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My first thought was that the temps were wrong, but they stay between 65 and 70f so i'm thinking i just over fed her. I'll wait and see what happens this week and hope that all is back to normal. :)
Ali

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
hello and :welcome:

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
hi and :welcome:

sorry I dont have any answers to your question though :blush:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts