Reptile Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our royal is 9months and shed last night/early hours of this morning.

This evening I picked her up as I wanted to check her weight and make sure she shed ok, which she has.

She came out fine and sat on my hand, as I touched her she hissed at me. Not the end of the world but she has never done it before. So I sat with her on my lap and just let her sit quietly. After a few minutes she was still fairly curled up and as I was happy she was ok I thought it best to put her back amd leave her alone, at which point the grumpy moo hissed at me again!

It's obviously something I have done, or not done and it didnt bother me in as much as being scared etc just bothered me that she was unhappy!

Could it be because she has shed or perhaps I didnt take my time getting her out?

·
Registered
876 Posts
Our royal is 9months and shed last night/early hours of this morning.

This evening I picked her up as I wanted to check her weight and make sure she shed ok, which she has.

She came out fine and sat on my hand, as I touched her she hissed at me. Not the end of the world but she has never done it before. So I sat with her on my lap and just let her sit quietly. After a few minutes she was still fairly curled up and as I was happy she was ok I thought it best to put her back amd leave her alone, at which point the grumpy moo hissed at me again!

It's obviously something I have done, or not done and it didnt bother me in as much as being scared etc just bothered me that she was unhappy!

Could it be because she has shed or perhaps I didnt take my time getting her out?
This sounds very much like my wife?:blush:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts