Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my hoggie ain feeding...whats the best way to get it feeding

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
temp is slightly low, but everythin else is good, i tried braining an cuttin it open didn work...its a year old, an bout 20cm long...damn shop stunted it i tink...very scared an don like bein handled, however has calmed down since i first got it.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
try scenting the mouse with a chick or see fi you can get either gerbil or hamster babies, some of them are a bit picky and I found with one of my CRBs after ages of not eating & attempting with brained mice pinkies I covered a mouse pink in rat pink brains and she had it straight away, so I think maybe she got used to the smell and got stressed at feeding time and sort of associated the smell with stress, I could be wrong but its worth a try coz it wont hurt him! :D

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
I wouldnt bother chick scenting, theyre not bird feeders. Up the temps a little and offer one scented with fish (roach seems to work well, or even tuna brine) - it is not unusual for hogs to go off feed for seemingly no reason, they tend to pick up again after a month or so. Theres no need to worry yet :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.