·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my hoggie ain feeding...whats the best way to get it feeding

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
As above, and how big is it? Have you tried braining the food item?? Seems to work with all of mine when they stop feeding, the smell seems to send em crazy!! :)

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
temp is slightly low, but everythin else is good, i tried braining an cuttin it open didn work...its a year old, an bout 20cm long...damn shop stunted it i tink...very scared an don like bein handled, however has calmed down since i first got it.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
try scenting the mouse with a chick or see fi you can get either gerbil or hamster babies, some of them are a bit picky and I found with one of my CRBs after ages of not eating & attempting with brained mice pinkies I covered a mouse pink in rat pink brains and she had it straight away, so I think maybe she got used to the smell and got stressed at feeding time and sort of associated the smell with stress, I could be wrong but its worth a try coz it wont hurt him! :D

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
I wouldnt bother chick scenting, theyre not bird feeders. Up the temps a little and offer one scented with fish (roach seems to work well, or even tuna brine) - it is not unusual for hogs to go off feed for seemingly no reason, they tend to pick up again after a month or so. Theres no need to worry yet :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts