Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well he got me :D
Got him out to check him over and he must have been hungry, felt a sharp stabbing pain at the base of the little finger on my left hand and he had latched on. Felt the fangs go in several times, I wasnt counting but I guess 15-20 times over 5-10 minutes would be about right.

Managed to release him with the help of a credit card and my hand immediately started to itch and tingle like the whole of the hand had been stung by nettles. Its now been 15 minutes since he let go, the bleeding has almost stopped and the hand has swollen up loads and bits of it are going numb, cant get a comparison photo of both hands unfortunately :(

I will keep the thread updated if major things happen, the swelling is now bad enough to stop me properly folding my little finger.

Hes only a '10 hatchling aswell, glad he's not bigger! :D

Any advice?

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now wheres the fun in that? :p
Piriton as in antihistamine? Got some tesco brand ones downstairs will try taking some :)

edit: nope its hayfever tablets, will they work?

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ah well taken one for good measure :)
Half my hand has now swollen to double size, just call me sausage fingers!
Itches like mad and my little finger is now purple.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Well he got me :D
Got him out to check him over and he must have been hungry, felt a sharp stabbing pain at the base of the little finger on my left hand and he had latched on. Felt the fangs go in several times, I wasnt counting but I guess 15-20 times over 5-10 minutes would be about right.

Managed to release him with the help of a credit card and my hand immediately started to itch and tingle like the whole of the hand had been stung by nettles. Its now been 15 minutes since he let go, the bleeding has almost stopped and the hand has swollen up loads and bits of it are going numb, cant get a comparison photo of both hands unfortunately :(

I will keep the thread updated if major things happen, the swelling is now bad enough to stop me properly folding my little finger.

Hes only a '10 hatchling aswell, glad he's not bigger! :D

Any advice?
thats a sign of real love :flrt:
haha, if it helps its a beautiful hognose :2thumb:

·
Registered
9,905 Posts
LOL and someone recommended these snakes for my 11 year old! Crikey - hand swollen to twice its size? That's a species for me to steer clear of. :lol2:

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Pictures of sausage fingers (well technically finger) will be forthcoming :)

The swelling has now spread all down the bottom edge of the hand and across the knuckles, its now affecting the ring finger aswell.

I definitely wouldnt recommend the bite to any child, they would likely scream as each time they chew its like being stuck with a pair of sewing needles :)

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Swelling pictures :)

Comparison of hands.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well unless he can catch the cold I have at the moment then yes :)
Right hand circumference 7.5"
Left hand circumference 8.75"

:lol2:

edit: @whosthedaddy, for some reason Im largely hairless on my body, a happy trail and some freaky nipple hairs, the beard makes up for it though :)

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Doesnt hurt, just itches alot and loads of pressure from the swelling.

edit: hand is now up to 9.25"

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Well unless he can catch the cold I have at the moment then yes :)
Right hand circumference 7.5"
Left hand circumference 8.75"

:lol2:

edit: @whosthedaddy, for some reason Im largely hairless on my body, a happy trail and some freaky nipple hairs, the beard makes up for it though :)
I have some terrible images floating around inside my head....wayyy too much information!!!!!
:lol2::lol2:

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.