Reptile Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now being the proud owner of 2 buck rats, I've come to realise that I need more than the 2 hammocks I bought when I got them. Unfortunately they pee for England inside their fabric hanging tubes and boxes that I also bought, so they pong in a couple of days, but they don’t seem to pee in their hammocks, so I've decided hammocks are best and made some up for myself and am offering the rest for sale.

I have lots of the yellow/orange/blue fabric left and some of the grey, which is a heavy duty kind of satiny slub material - hard to describe. I don’t have too much plain fleece left now cos I use it for my baby taggies, but I do have some left and of course loads of patterned fleece with frogs and cows and so on. I also know I've got in the loft a bag of fur fabric (like sheepskin, though - not fun fur!) and thick fluffy type blanket material that I bought for cat blankets, which would also be great to line out hammocks, just haven't had a chance to get up there and get it out, so I can make other colours and linings, but for now I have these available for sale.

All the hanging loops have been stitched through 5 times, for secure hanging and the fleece is good quality fleece, as I bought it for the baby taggies.

I’m charging £3, plus postage at cost (with an added 20p to cover the price of an envelope to post it) - that's about the cheapest I can do it for cos I'm not buying the material wholesale.

·
Registered
31,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And here are some I made earlier! LOL

Here are my boys modelling their new hammocks! Apologies for the quality, but as I was facing a window the flash didn't operate and the slightest movement blurs the photograph and of course they wouldn't sit still! :lol2:

·
Registered
31,364 Posts

may i have the checkered one and the red one, top left bottom left?
pleaseeeeeeeeee
Also...
do the clips come with them or?

·
Registered
31,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've still got the blue checked fleece one, but unfortunately Shell bought the red one! :lol2:

I have, however, just made some more using sherpa lambswool fleece instead of normal fleece, so thicker and probably warmer. I'll get them photographed and update this thread later today. By the way I have no more of the plain grey fabric left. :sad: I do have some plain green that I haven't used yet and the dark patterned blue with gold that I made Shell's pouch with - you can see it on the cat chat thread.

I'm also busy making pouches, small for sugar gliders/chipmunks and bigger ones for rats.

I have bought some metal 'D' rings and spring clips, for people who don't have the hooks to hang them with, but it means I have to add £1.40 to the price of the hammock to cover the cost of these. :grin1: Sorry!! However, I think that works out as being not much more than than I paid for the plastic hooks that I bought when I bought my first hammocks.

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
I've still got the blue checked fleece one, but unfortunately Shell bought the red one! :lol2:

I have, however, just made some more using sherpa lambswool fleece instead of normal fleece, so thicker and probably warmer. I'll get them photographed and update this thread later today. By the way I have no more of the plain grey fabric left. :sad: I do have some plain green that I haven't used yet and the dark patterned blue with gold that I made Shell's pouch with - you can see it on the cat chat thread.

I'm also busy making pouches, small for sugar gliders/chipmunks and bigger ones for rats.

I have bought some metal 'D' rings and spring clips, for people who don't have the hooks to hang them with, but it means I have to add £1.40 to the price of the hammock to cover the cost of these. :grin1: Sorry!! However, I think that works out as being not much more than than I paid for the plastic hooks that I bought when I bought my first hammocks.
SHELL!!! When you get pics tell me! :)
ill pass on the hooks then, i do have extra large paper clips ill use them :)
Gina :)

·
Registered
31,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK - these are the ones that are backed with Sherpa lambswool fleece.

Gina, if you are going to use the Jumbo paper clips instead of spring clips, you'll need to have a 'softer' webbing than the orange one. The orange webbing is too thick to fit into the narrower gap in a paper clip. The black or beige webbing probably will, but the orange won't - or a 'D' clip added to the webbing, but they are 18p each so would add 72p to the price of the hammocks.

I do have loads of red fleece so can do you any of the patterned material with a red fleece and as I said I do have some plain green fabric also that I could use.

·
Registered
31,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Giving this a bump and adding photographs of the small pouch to suit chipmunks/sugar gliders etc.

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
i always thought those hammocks were useless toys bought by crazy ratkeepers but iv seen some in use and the rats were zonked out in them, dead to the world, dreaming ratty dreams :)

rgds and bump
ed

·
Registered
31,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Giving this a bump up.

Still have some of these - or at least material to make them up to order.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts