Reptile Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i'm a newbie with exotic reptiles, i live in north of europe, am an owner of newts and thought to upgrade to something more challenging. I was looking for skinks and bearded dragons at first but while researching understood that ball python is someone i would love to own, fell in love with them instantly

Now i read the requirements, and it's not like i really am in a rush.
And since those gorgeous creatures live for like 30 years, would want to make sure to have the perfect type. Specifically am in love with those Ivory colored ones, Banana Super Pastel, all the soft, light colored ones. My budget would be maximum 600-700$

So only question is, how to purchase one?And where! my country choice is extremely poor. and in neighbor countries too.

If you guys can help and give few tips and suggestions please, Should i go to Expo? What are the biggest reptile/snake Expos in Europe? How can i ship it back home? or are there good breeders you could recommend that can ship it to me, how much it costs?

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Welcome to the forum. If you don't have access to a decent reptile shop then there could be a local home breeder in your country - and a local breeder is probably an easy way to access a snake. If you don't have a reptile forum in your country or local language then RFUK has many overseas posters as do some of the other large snake forums.

The classified section of this website sometimes gets posts from people outside of the UK - either selling or looking for a new snake. So, you could post a wanted ad in there and include your location (town/country).

The couriers will do runs from Hamm and Houten shows back to the UK and I'm sure they do runs to other countries too. So, it is possible that there will be a courier available to take a multiple snakes to your country for multiple buyers.

The good news is that $/£/***8364;600 will get you a very pretty Ball Python, in fact $/£/***8364;100 would get you a very pretty Ball Python and leave you a lot of cash for the set-up. Ball Pythons are a good first snake.

I think Hamm (Germany) and Houten (Netherland) are the most popular European shows - I think one of them is TODAY!? Plus Doncaster in the UK. Each of these shows are run 3-4x each year.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts