Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone would be so kind as to show me their set ups for their horned frogs please, as I don't really know how I am going to decorate mine, and thought it'd be a good idea to see what other people have done with theirs so I get a rough idea of how it should look!!

Thank you :)

·
Registered
956 Posts
Hello,

i have a few Horned frog set ups now & found them easy to do really, only thing is horned frogs dig into the substrate & often up root plants so hardy ones are better, but i actually find most things work. heres a few pics, hope they help:

·
Registered
9,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That does look wicked, looks like a darts enclosure! I didn't know whether it'd be pointless to put a branch or something like that in there cos obviously they just sit there, but I think I probably will just cos it makes it look cool, we'll see! I'm getting two frogs so will have to decorate two vivs, joy!!

·
Registered
956 Posts
That does look wicked, looks like a darts enclosure! I didn't know whether it'd be pointless to put a branch or something like that in there cos obviously they just sit there, but I think I probably will just cos it makes it look cool, we'll see! I'm getting two frogs so will have to decorate two vivs, joy!!
its always good fun, doing tanks up. the branches/logs also act like a hide so i think your horned frogs would like them! i have also one more to decorate just need to buy it yet!

·
Registered
9,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Awesome, we'll have to compare when they're done, I'm sure yours will crap all over mine though!!! :lol2:

·
Registered
956 Posts
Awesome, we'll have to compare when they're done, I'm sure yours will crap all over mine though!!! :lol2:
lol, dont be daft! bet yours will be great, i like doing new tanks, its a shame they dont stay nice! lol once your horned frog gets in he will up root everything! but its nice for it to be natural. am not a fan of basic set ups!

·
Registered
9,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Exactly, it's be boring if it was just substrate and a bowl or something! I'm thinking of putting a spider plant or something in mine and my boyfriend was thinking of putting a cheese plant in his, and I still think it'd look cool to have at least a little branch in there with some fake plants drooping over it for a hiding place or something!

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Exactly, it's be boring if it was just substrate and a bowl or something! I'm thinking of putting a spider plant or something in mine and my boyfriend was thinking of putting a cheese plant in his, and I still think it'd look cool to have at least a little branch in there with some fake plants drooping over it for a hiding place or something!
Cheese plants get ridiculously huge.

·
Registered
9,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's what I thought, he'll have to choose something else if that's the case!

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
what plants will be good to put in there then. May seem like a stupid question but do i plant them still in pots or do i need to compleatly replant them?!?

·
Registered
9,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That's what I said, but I got shunned.

·
Registered
9,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My disturbingly high post count demands INSTANT RESPECT :2thumb:
I said it in real life though, unfortunately there aren't post counts in real life, if there were then I'd have shitloads!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts