Reptile Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi... can anyone help. I have had my horsfield for about 2 months and has been ok other than a bit sleeply. The other night she went to bed as normal and when I saw her the next day it looked like the side of her beak had been bent upwards. Only a small bit but I didn't know whether this was usual. She is eating well but didn't know whether to get her checked out at the vets next week. Another thing which she hasn't done before is gone to sleep under her heat lamp, is this normal??

·
Registered
23,314 Posts
Is it possible for you to post a picture of her beak hun? AS for her sleeping under her basking lamp, one of mine does this quite often - I dont think its anything to worry about.

Is she eating/drinking/pooing as normal?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi.. Soz not a very good photo!!! She is eating ok, not noticed her drinking but I bath her everyday. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
23,314 Posts
Ummm to be honest with you her beak looks normal to me - maybe wait until someone with a bit more experience comes along. When you feed her do you place her food onto something or do you put it straight onto the soil. I tend to put my tortoises food onto stones or their slate so that when they are eating they are always wearing down their beak to stop it over growing.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hi... just come home from being out all day and the piece by her beak has come off!!!! Didn't realise that could happen, do they shred skin. I do feed her on a piece of slate but she always pulls it off onto the soil. Will keep and eye on her. Thanks for your help.:notworthy:

·
Registered
23,314 Posts
Ahhhhh all becomes clear now - yes they do shed skin so thats presumably what it was - sorry I was looking for a piece of her beak being mis-shaped :lol2: all well that ends well then!!!!!: victory:

·
Registered
343 Posts
hi... just come home from being out all day and the piece by her beak has come off!!!! Didn't realise that could happen, do they shred skin. I do feed her on a piece of slate but she always pulls it off onto the soil. Will keep and eye on her. Thanks for your help.:notworthy:
Yes my horsfield is shedding at the moment looks like he/she has got a beard :lol2:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts